Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband Ennis/Clarecastle

• 20-10-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good DSL provider that will be excellent for online gaming in the Clarecastle/Ennis area.

I'm hearing I can only get 8gb DSL from the exchange
    Is the any Xbox users here that can recommend anyone to me. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I think you mean 8 MB, not GB, and that is normal throughout Clare. You only need 2 MB for a good Xbox Live connection.

I have the 8 meg package from Vodafone, as do many of the lads I game with, and its grand sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

All ADSL in Ennis (and most places un the country) is basically repackaged Eircom product, so no matter what provider you go with, you're basically getting the same thing. Price, caps and whatever extras they throw in are the differentiating factors.

Also, the service is *up to* 8Mb, depending on what your line supports. I'm just off the Tulla Road, and my line only supports 3Mb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have vodafone and besides contention issues (which have stopped now because of NGB) they are a fairly solid service, oh except for the 1 minute every 24 hours your line goes down cause it renews your IP daily, oh and the fact that I ported over from unlimited BT broadband and now they are saying my cap is 100 gb a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Clareman wrote: »
    I have vodafone and besides contention issues (which have stopped now because of NGB) they are a fairly solid service, oh except for the 1 minute every 24 hours your line goes down cause it renews your IP daily, oh and the fact that I ported over from unlimited BT broadband and now they are saying my cap is 100 gb a month

Check your cap, I think you will find they lowered it even more. 40gb. Including upload....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

phill106 wrote: »
    Check your cap, I think you will find they lowered it even more. 40gb. Including upload....

Nope - 120GB download only is calculated - upload is free. I rang em to confirm.

From the My Vodafone website -

vodafoneas.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

CptSternn wrote: »
    Nope - 120GB download only is calculated - upload is free. I rang em to confirm.

From the My Vodafone website -

vodafoneas.jpg

Ideal broadband? They changed all their broadband packages recently to be usage rather then download.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband/productdetails.jsp?productid=381045&producttypetab=BROADBANDONLY&categorytab=subcategory_2&perlicoid=115013

If you check in the vodafone section in boards, you will see numerous people complaining about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Ive been having awful problems with eircom. they set my box to 6mb broadband and the line is only capable for 3 mb in clarecastle. and it made my connection unstable.

Hoping they've it sorted now. broadband costs me 30 euro and total cost per month is 57 euro. thats with line rental and some talk package

Advertisement