Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop down filter Home Page (blue theme?)

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

Drop down filter on home page no longer seems to work.
    Don't know if its my theme or not/computer.

Running Firefox 3.6.10 on Win XP.

I believe I have the blue theme running.

As an aside.

Is it just me or is the boards.ie logo (http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_boards.gif), really compressed in the horizontal sense.
    It looks a bit odd...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

enda1 wrote: »
    Drop down filter on home page no longer seems to work.
    Don't know if its my theme or not/computer.

Running Firefox 3.6.10 on Win XP.

I believe I have the blue theme running.

By "drop down filter", do you mean this:

131689.png

?
    Is it just me or is the boards.ie logo (http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_boards.gif), really compressed in the horizontal sense.
    It looks a bit odd...

It's not just you, it's probably due to changes in the main skins (White, Beta, Mobile) not being correctly propagated to the other skins. If I get a chance at some stage, I'll look into the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Yip, that's the one.

Hovering over it, it changes colour (going from light grey-blue to white), but doesn't drop down and is non-clickable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Yip, that's the one.

Hovering over it, it changes colour (going from light grey-blue to white), but doesn't drop down and is non-clickable.

Hmm, odd. The front page isn't skinned at all, so it's not a skin issue.

Odds are you've got some sort of broken cached version of some scripts involved in running the front page. Can you try doing a CTRL+SHIFT+R on the front page and see if it fixes it?

Tried on my mac at home and no problems. Again tried today on the PC and same problem.

This was after a fresh boot too.

Tried now in IE6 and I get the little triangle on the bottom corner showing "some items failed to load"...

on line 10, "Error: 'jQuery' is undefined ...
    and
    on line 47, Error: Object expected

Google Chrome, same issue as firefox, doesn't work.

I guess this problem is on my side then :(

Update Java Runtime Engine, no improvement.
    Cleared Internet Explorer cache, firefox cache - no change.

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Conor, do you know another website/page on your website where the same script is used so I just test that without the other stuff present?
    (for example the developers page works fine for me - http://cherne.net/brian/resources/jquery.hoverIntent.html)

I get the strange feeling that the window is dropping down but is being displayed behind the "Thread Title (Replies)" and list of threads pane... even though its not possible.

Sorry for taking your time for what is probably a problem on my end, not your's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Hiya,

This could be a problem on our end, I'd recommend switching to the default style for now if you're having trouble with one of the other styles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement