Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help connecting my xbox360 to internet via an old PC

• 20-10-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm trying to connect my xbox to internet via an old PC but I cant even get the xbox and PC to network.Im connecting them via an ethernet cable but can't get a connection.My PC is 5years old so its not the most up to date microsoft vista or xp and all the online walkthrough mention the windows media centre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Howdy

can you please clarify?
    Are you connecting your 360 directly to your PC?
    Or can you not just connect your 360 to your router?

Is the PC able to connect to the net?
    In terms of errors - what message are you receiving?
    > The reason I ask is the media settings on my 360 never worked - but using TVersity and My Videos I was able to connect to my PC to playback my media...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

You shouldnt need the computer, plug it directly into the router

Windows Media Center is only for when your streaming your movies from the computer to the 260

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TonyInch

I'm connecting my 360 directly to the PC which has a 3 mobile broadband thing.
    The PC is able to connect to the net no problems and working well.
    In terms of errors - what message are you receiving?

My problem is getting the pc to recognise the connection.

I connect the ethernet cable,
    go into the dashboard then system settings select computer then I get the message regarding windows media centre.

I also tried n my videos,pictures and music.Select computer -test PC connection. The test always fails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

It needs to be a crossover ethernet cable as standard ones can only be used via a hub/router.

Advertisement