Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pointless

• 20-10-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Has anyone seen it? I watch it about 3 times a week, it's cool but the prize is very low :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I really like it. I like the banter between Richard and Alexander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Bad luck to the guys yesterday :mad: Really hard final round.

I liked the countries part, I got like 8 pointless answers! yay nerd:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fr Pat Noise

Anyone Irish would've won the jackpot today, Stephen Roche was a pontless answer for Tour de France winners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Quite a good show, not many seem to win it though even though the prize is so low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

did anyone notice that a woman that won 135 grand on that nick knowles who dares wins was on pointless with her son and won the 4500 prize in the final they chose books and it was john grisham novels and she went o i read alot of his books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I remember those contestants, although I didn't see her on Who Dares Wins. I was impressed at how well she did in such a specific category, even if she had the good fortune of having read the novels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

robman60 wrote: »
    I remember those contestants, although I didn't see her on Who Dares Wins. I was impressed at how well she did in such a specific category, even if she had the good fortune of having read the novels.

they were beatenby the current champs about 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

dealy show, the guy who reads out the answers is a hero but the presenter is annoying because he constantly repeats himself over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ladyla

Class show, I watch it the whole time, got a pointless answer twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

i loves pointless- the host used to be on a bbc4 comedy- back to work now so no more pointless :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Navanmom

My 4 year old likes to watch it with me, but he prefers Eggheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

I think Pointless is compulsive viewing.

A simple premise for a great quiz show.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Love Pointless as
    they can have really easy questions and really hard ones as well,theres a good mix.
    I think Richard and Alexander are brilliant,a great double act.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

just loving pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love Pointless! Have it on series link :D I loved Alexander and Richard's knitted dolls during the week.

getting a bit addicted to pointless alright..

always seem to be watching pointless when its raining..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Love pointless there is always a good mix of questions and love Richard and Alexander they are a great double act.

back watching pointless again, now that the evenings are dark annd i just love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

I really enjoy Pointless , great presentors coupled with quirky contestants. I got a laugh when not one of the contestants could name a U2 song that made the Top 40 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Richard was interviewed as a celebrity spectator at the Boat Race on BBC last weekend alongside Countdown's Rachel Reilly. Fame indeed! Have to say whenever I'm at home I watch it but must start recording it an odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Where do they get the 100 people that they survey, I wonder do the use the studio audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I'm also a huge Pointless fan. I record it and watch it in batches.
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    Where do they get the 100 people that they survey, I wonder do the use the studio audience.

According to the guys on the show, they get the 100 people online, and the people don't know what their answers are being used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sorry, but the stupidity of English people has reached new levels on today's show. Category is female heads of state, and up pops a picture of Mary McAleese. You'd think it might be low scoring, but it was pointless. How can they be so clueless about us? They had an Irish round before and it was embarrassing, but this is a new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

As far as I remember (could be wrong), all the others were heads of government rather than heads of state. That would make a difference, I think. Let's face it, a Prime Minister (with actual power) would be better known worldwide than a ceremonial head of state (unless - maybe -the head of state were a monarch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Some of the final rounds are so hard compared to others. ( areas which I have knowledge in)

Advertisement