Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Burglary

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

On the radio this morning it was reported the mans son tried to block the raiders in with his car, I think that's when they fired the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Slightly OT, but amusing in a way, over here in UK I was told that under no circumstances would 'our heroes in blue serge' come out to a burglary at my house in which guns were involved.

After all, the burglars now had GUNS, didn't they?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

this will just open the debate again as to whether you should keep a gun handy just in case.
    hopefully these 3 guns will be recovered soon and the victim makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

daveob007 wrote: »
    this will just open the debate again as to whether you should keep a gun handy just in case.
    hopefully these 3 guns will be recovered soon and the victim makes a full recovery.

How handy is handy? Desk drawer? Bedside locker? Loaded? If someone walks in and confronts you, you're not going to have a chance to get it, so in a typical situation (and that is typical of gun thefts) all it means is you have an unsecured firearm and the associated risks inherent in that, so no, really, it's a terrible idea. Also, without proper training, the idea of using it should remain in the minds of the Dirty Harry fantasists, as we don't have huge swathes of people trained in the use of firearms for personal defence. In case that doesn't make my position clear, by the way, I reckon the guns should all be kept locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

kinda agree that all guns should be locked up - in a fingerprint locked safe.... quick release on fingerprint approval for immediate use.

its amazing the amount of people who purchase expensive equipment (like guns etc) and never bother to protect it from theft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Greenacre

PCPhoto wrote: »
    kinda agree that all guns should be locked up - in a fingerprint locked safe.... quick release on fingerprint approval for immediate use.

Your firearms should be stored disassembled, preferably with components stored in separate safes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

You can only license a firearm in Ireland for Target Shooting or Hunting.

Anything else is fantasy - and illegal.

Firearms should be stored - broken - with some part removed - so they are not functioning firearms - no matter how someone gets a hold of them.

B'Man

Just in case.......... you want to be jailed

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

It doesnt matter if you have a vault that would make bank of ireland proud, the gang entered the house already armed, and if you are put in a situation where a gun is pointed at a family members head be it your wife, child or parent you would give them your teeth if it meant keeping your family safe.

PCPhoto wrote: »

its amazing the amount of people who purchase expensive equipment (like guns etc) and never bother to protect it from theft.

Immediate use ........... for getting sent to jail.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not here it won't. Please reread the forum charter, specifically the point on RKBA. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement