Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heater For Attic

Options
  • 20-10-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

With another cold winter predicted,i'm looking to get a heater for the attic. (a pipe burst during last year's freeze at xmas). Can you recommend one? Maybe one that only comes on when the temperature drops below zero.
    I don't know much about these things!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Zak.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i bought one today for work

500watt convector (model fsk-505) cost 30eurowholesale

haven't fitted any before

lagging and insulating should be a higher priority imo

i figure these may run continuously in a cold attic to little effect-could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

robus do a frost watcher unit with a built in stat, but ive read here before that wiring it to a propper frost stat is preferable to ensure the unit only switches on when nesecery. if it were me id fit a neon indicator on the landing to allow me to see when it is on, otherwise you have no way of knowing if its running up your elec bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what would be the point of a separate stat if purchasing a frostwatcher w/stat

although you would need separate stat for remote indication-

edit:ya remote indication is the way to go with these alright

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

M cebee wrote: »
    what would be the point of a separate stat if purchasing a frostwatcher w/stat

although you would need separate stat for remote indication-

edit:ya remote indication is the way to go with these alright

something like a single mk grid plate with a 240v neon, plus im not 100% sure the stat on the frost watcher is adjustable so prob best to put a decent stat in to stop it comming on prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

brooks are now selling a frost watcher for I think €34. Its a unit that you plug in and it kicks in when the temperature drops. Made specifically for attics

no connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

yeah, maybe that's something that would do the trick....

Advertisement