Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's something to try on the local pond.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

First impression: take that man's gun off him before he hurts himself.
    Second impression: that's fake. Fire a round point blank into something solid enough to stop it inside of an inch and it's not going to look undeformed, it's going to be a pancake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Fake as press on nails but I do love a good Mythbusters episode

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I can't see the video in that link for some reason- is is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZlciP6gUQ

?

Why is the gun so quiet? Maybe the camera has a noise reduction feature...or maybe he's shooting special low power loads?

What I find strange is that fact that in both cases where the find the bullet, it's in a location that was conveniently off camera either when they fire, or just moments before. But that could be just because it's impossible to predict where the bullet will land when it bounces back out of the crater.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Back to gun saftey class 101 for that lot!!!Lying down with the gun pointed at the camera and drop the mag whil there is still one in the chamber??SHeeeeH!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

firefly08 wrote: »
    I can't see the video in that link for some reason- is is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZlciP6gUQ

?

Why is the gun so quiet? Maybe the camera has a noise reduction feature...or maybe he's shooting special low power loads?

The camera cant record the noise effectively so it sounds much quieter on the video then it would in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

fake :rolleyes:

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Sparks wrote: »
    Fire a round point blank into something solid enough to stop it inside of an inch and it's not going to look undeformed, it's going to be a pancake.
    Agreed.

Anyway, look close enough and repeat the part where he fire a few times. you can see where the bullet hits is a good two feet forward of the spinning bullet. Well gone though.

Actually if you look close enough after he fires at 4sec just as one guy says ''there it is there'', you can see the bullet appear out of nowhere a good second after its fired. And when they zoom in you can see the real POI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

Agreed.

Anyway, look close enough and repeat the part where he fire a few times. you can see where the bullet hits is a good two feet forward of the spinning bullet. Well gone though.

Actually if you look close enough after he fires at 4sec just as one guy says ''there it is there'', you can see the bullet appear out of nowhere a good second after its fired. And when they zoom in you can see the real POI.

+1 ,
    and can you hear very quiet sound around 0:08.like some engine working, that suppose to imitate spinning bullet in the ice? hahah
    why oh why people do that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I'm not saying it's real, but I think you missed the point - they are not maintaining that the spinning bullets were found at the point of impact. They maintain that the bullet jumps out of the original crater it makes in the ice.

I was ready to scream "fake" too, mainly because the first one they find is to the left of the camera man, whereas all the shots were fired to his right.

But if you look at the comments, at the very beginning, the guy says that at around 3:12 you can see the bullet jumping back about a foot from where it first hits the ice. I can't make it out of course! But that's what gave me pause. But I still think it's fake because they haven't managed to show that the spinning bullet wasn't there before they fired.
    Fire a round point blank into something solid enough to stop it inside of an inch and it's not going to look undeformed, it's going to be a pancake.

As regards the destruction of the bullet - I can't explain this, but I frequently find pistol bullets more or less intact at my local range about 15 yards from the firing line, just lying there. Something stopped those bullets inside of 15 yards, but didn't even break the jacket. I'll keep the next one I find and post a pic. Now, an inch is another matter (perhaps) but remember the bullet didn't' actually stop - it ricocheted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement