Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi over / under regulated??

Options
  • 20-10-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello Everyone

I am a law student in galway and am doing a project on the the taxi industry

Do you feel the taxi business in Ireland is over or under regulated and why?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

joeyx wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

I am a law student in galway and am doing a project on the the taxi industry

Do you feel the taxi business in Ireland is over or under regulated and why?

Thanks for any help!

I assume your talking about regulation in terms of safety and authentic plates etc as opposed to number of taxi's available ?

In this case I don't think there's any lack of regulation; more like a lack of enforcement of some of the rules, I'm no expert though...

P.S. I'm sure you might have seen it but there was a show on the taxi regulation on the frontline a couple of weeks ago, might still be on RTE player if you didnt, not very legal but decent

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Stand on the corner of Eyre Square at Garvey's some day and canvass the opinions of the illegally parked taxis disrupting traffic. I'm sure they'll all tell you that there's too much regulation but that the regulations should only apply to the fella parked behind him.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

See here: https://www.tcd.ie/Economics/SER/sql/download.php?key=84 go read and apply Fingleton's model but note, the Regulator's have not stuck rigidly to it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Here too: http://www.taxi-library.org/dublin.htm

Google is sooooooooooooooo useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joeyx

Thanks for the advice guys !
    much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement