Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which scope

Options
  • 20-10-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Lads, I have purchased a Hornet and I want to kit it out for lamping foxes, what scope would you guys recommend I put on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Something good in low light preferably, I have a Burris fullfield II 6.5-20x50 and it's lovely for lamping and plinking. The bro has a bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50 and it's equally as good. Smidt and Bender 8x56 is also a dime for foxing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Whats your budget??

Whats your budget??
    Important question, forgot that one:D Was looking through a leapers today and was very impressed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

€200ish, so that rules out S+B would like something that suits lamping and that will also hold zero, had tasco's before on .22 pure sh1t.

The leapers I seen today was 250 and had very good clarity. Flip up covers and illum. ret. You could get a very good s/h for the 200 mark. There is deals to be had.

• Advertisement

http://www.theopticzone.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=63

perfect for the hornet and only €240 shipped. take a look at their bargain section too...

Should have started with " which scope would you put on a hornet ?", then work out my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would go for one of these , good glass, plenty of magnification for the hornet and a foolproof illuminated reticle for lamping. Foolproof as in no batteries to go flat at the wrong time.
    Price is pretty good as well and if you go to a .223 the scope will still do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I've a Leupold VX1 4-12 x 40 if your interested. Cost me €300 a few months ago. Used on a .22lr. Excellent scope. Selling for €200 if your interested.

http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=L41240vx1p

Pm sent. can you post up some pics

• Advertisement

mattock wrote: »
    Pm sent. can you post up some pics

Not sure if this is for me but I got no PM will sort a few photos later anyway;)

BS,

dont know what happened the pm will send again
    Mat

Got it ;)

If you can get that scope for that price (€214 incl. postage) please tell us all where ;)

Opticsplanet and found one on Amazon $299 inc postage at todays rate is approx €214 , opticsplanet was plus postage USPS delivery.

AFAIK opticsplanet won't deliver to Ireland!!

AFAIK opticsplanet won't deliver to Ireland!!

They didn't when I asked anyway and that's why I got it off Opticswarehouse.

BUT I'm not sure they deliver here anymore either :(

I told you what I paid and where I got it and what I want for it. I wasn't trying to screw you ;)

As I said if you can get it cheaper fair dues to you just let us know where ;)

So OP if you change your mind you know where I am and I will deliver.

They didn't when I asked anyway and that's why I got it off Opticswarehouse.

BUT I'm not sure they deliver here anymore either :(

I told you what I paid and where I got it and what I want for it. I wasn't trying to screw you ;)

As I said if you can get it cheaper fair dues to you just let us know where ;)

So OP if you change your mind you know where I am and I will deliver.

I never said you were trying to Screw anyone , that is why i pm'd you and did not post, as i did not and would not try to spoil anyones sale.

Sure its a great scope but does the warranty transfer to a second owner.

Big "10-4" good buddy, over and out.

Mat

I never said you were trying to Screw anyone , that is why i pm'd you and did not post, as i did not and would not try to spoil anyones sale.

As I never said you did ;) I just pointed out the facts, in case you didn't realise what they were :D

Sure its a great scope but does the warranty transfer to a second owner.......

Once you own it they don't question where it came from. They quarantee the scope not the owner.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/resources/product-service/

Scroll down to "Full Lifetime Warranty"

"If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies."

It is a great scope. The only reason I'm selling it is I have one with a higher magnification on my .22lr as it will be doing more target shooting than hunting for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

As I never said you did ;) I just pointed out the facts, in case you didn't realise what they were :D

Once you own it they don't question where it came from. They quarantee the scope not the owner.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/resources/product-service/

Scroll down to "Full Lifetime Warranty"

"If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies."

It is a great scope. The only reason I'm selling it is I have one with a higher magnification on my .22lr as it will be doing more target shooting than hunting for the forseeable future.
    [/QUOTE]

Right thats sound by me, post up a few pics.

Mat

over & out

Looking for the cable for my camera :o

• Advertisement

No probs, you have all day tomorrow, your not so bad I cant find my fcuking camera, have the memory card and the lead but no camera.

Deal @ €200.

Pm Sent

Advertisement