Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson 12yr Special Reserve

Options
  • 20-10-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up O'Briens are selling these for 24.99 untill bank holiday monday. 10e off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

18 year old is much better but still a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Hootanany wrote: »
    18 year old is much better but still a great price

Ya but is it 5 times better ... :p

Jameson 18yo is great but at 125yotos it's totally over priced.

Anybody out there want to taste a great Irish Whiskey for an unbelieveable price ... then get your rear down to O'Brien's.

I've stocked up on it :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not content with giving two fingers to Diageo, they're writing themselves a large-print entry in Irish Distillers' bad books too?

Good on 'em. See you at O'Briens :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

one of my favourite whiskies if I can I will have to pop across town for this, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Bought the last 2 bottles in headford road sc on saturday, thats two christmas presents sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone know if the Jameson Gold Reserve is any good?
    Saw it in the duty free but didn't know anything about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Anyone know if the Jameson Gold Reserve is any good?
    Saw it in the duty free but didn't know anything about it.

It's a smooth whiskey alright. Exactly the type of whiskey you want if you don't like it too strong tasting (some people associate strong whiskey flavours with cheap whiskey, which is not necessarily true). A poor man's midleton very rare, although to be honest I'd chose the jameson gold over midleton euro for euro every day of the week, and in absolute terms i'd chose the jameson 6 times out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It's one of my favourites, but I have a good few of the old bottles and don't know how they compare to the new ones. Lovely oily whiskey with a good bit of pot still. Part matured in virgin oak, which is very rarely done this side of the Atlantic. You can get it in Europe for a great price - a little expensive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

...it contains some pretty old whiskey too, but some as young as 8 yrs old. That's why they don't put an age statement on it. I poured myself one just now and am really enjoying it. Nice and spicy too. Mixed it with Jameson 15 last week and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

anyone who missed it, o'briens in the maple centre d7 still have plenty left

• Advertisement
Advertisement