Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin 23/10/10 Dundrum.

• 20-10-2010 7:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

DEPART 9AM.

Route, not fussy, quiet liked last Saturday, wouldn't mind doing it again. Open to suggestions. Same area. 2/3 hours Dundrum / Dundrum.
    Weather not forecast too good so nothing too high as in SG or even near that thing!

........forget the mankini......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

I shall be mostly working this weekend. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Probably out too, hoping to get out for a spin on this cross bike and look the fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

i should be on for it. my new pinarello is due tomorrow :D. don't know if i should christen it in the lashing rain though. might set a bad precedent!... how about same as last week but back to eniskerry via powerscourt waterfall instead.

I shall be mostly working this weekend. :(

****.. is it time to do my tax return again!!;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

mahoo wrote: »
    i should be on for it. my new pinarello is due tomorrow :D. don't know if i should christen it in the lashing rain though. might set a bad precedent!... how about same as last week but back to eniskerry via powerscourt waterfall instead.

Yeah, 50/50 descent even though the Powerscourt side would be marginally more dicey.
    Whatever you want.

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    Yeah, 50/50 descent even though the Powerscourt side would be marginally more dicey.
    Whatever you want.

Really? I have always thought the other way into Enniskerry is brutal, especially after the road works they did, very bad surface.

That little ramp after the Waterfall, saw a few guys on the Orwell Randonee, and I don't know how they stayed up coming down that and swinging hard right. Think a few came (Roy) Croppers.

That little ramp after the Waterfall, saw a few guys on the Orwell Randonee, and I don't know how they stayed up coming down that and swinging hard right. Think a few came (Roy) Croppers.

Oh THAT way, yeah that's not a great descent. Especially this time of year, there is not a lot of sun and it tends to be well covered by foliage so there is lots of potential for mossy/icy surfaces. Plus it's full of potholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭buffalo

Think I might try get out for this, though I'm not sure how my form is at the moment - it's been about six weeks since I've managed a proper spin. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Wont be able to make this one, only have a one day pass this weekend will need it for sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I should be bringing up the rear this week again. Count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

buffalo wrote: »
    Think I might try get out for this, though I'm sure how my form is at the moment - it's been about six weeks since I've managed a proper spin. :(

I'm try to get out too and like buffalo I'll be sandbagging so take it easy! ;)

No more PanzerWagons then?

Good spin. 3 hours is a nice length. The fog cleared at glencree after I left yiz and was sunny all the way home. I can feel some fitness coming back.

Good stuff. We went down Stocking, me & Mosiki and I thought, Mahoo. Threw a few back glances going down and thought it was him, but near the end, no one behind me. Thought the worst and thought he came off, so myself and Mosiki went back up the Stocking only to find no sign of him. Must've given us the slip or didn't even come down The Stocking!
    Ah well, first time to go up The Stocking.
    Yeah, nice day for it.

Just home. had a good adventure after i left yous. headed over mount venus road, by the blue light and back up to jonny foxes. then headed down to enniskerry by the riding school. (note to self - dont cycle past riding school after it has rained). stopped in enniskerry for a coffee and to clean the **** of my water bottles. sun was blazing down so then decided to head up sally gap.. was going up past powerscourt waterfall up to glencree when my ****ing crank snapped in half and left me on my arse in the middle of the road. wouldn't mind but that is the second time it has happened to me! new bike cant come soon enough. . must say a big thanks to the lovely couple who stopped and gave me a lift all the way home. good karma to them. . . really pissed though cause i was really enjoying the day. was definitely feeling like doing 100k+. grrr. doesn't look like ill be make it out on monday now either

Good stuff. We went down Stocking, me & Mosiki and I thought, Mahoo. Threw a few back glances going down and thought it was him, but near the end, no one behind me. Thought the worst and thought he came off, so myself and Mosiki went back up the Stocking only to find no sign of him. Must've given us the slip or didn't even come down The Stocking!
    Ah well, first time to go up The Stocking.
    Yeah, nice day for it.

sorry. was just a bit behind you. didnt get close enough to shout goodbye before i turned off. cheers for looking out for me! hope you enjoyed the climb up stocking. tis a good one

mahoo wrote: »
    Just home. had a good adventure after i left yous. headed over mount venus road, by the blue light and back up to jonny foxes. then headed down to enniskerry by the riding school. (note to self - dont cycle past riding school after it has rained). stopped in enniskerry for a coffee and to clean the **** of my water bottles. sun was blazing down so then decided to head up sally gap.. was going up past powerscourt waterfall up to glencree when my ****ing crank snapped in half and left me on my arse in the middle of the road. wouldn't mind but that is the second time it has happened to me! new bike cant come soon enough. . must say a big thanks to the lovely couple who stopped and gave me a lift all the way home. good karma to them. . . really pissed though cause i was really enjoying the day. was definitely feeling like doing 100k+. grrr. doesn't look like ill be make it out on monday now either

Jeeeez, bit of an adventure. Nice one. Everything OK though?

Yeah, we went as far as mount Venus Rd. turn off alright.

everything fine. no injuries at least... trying to decide if its worth the €80 to fix it in my local shop.. its the crank on the chainset side that snapped so i need to get the whole feckin front chainset replaced. sound like a fair price?

If you feel confident enough to do it yourself, chainreactions have specials on chainsets at the moment.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=577&SortBy=Price

• Advertisement

cheers. decided to just get it done. they did it for 65 in the end and tuned up my gears. worth it to have the bike for the weekend too... only problem was i didnt check the size of the inner ring and the new one looks a good bit bigger. its going to hurt a little more up the steep hills!

On the evidence of the last two weekends you'll be grand. I thought I was going grand up to Johnny Foxes till you and Planet-X decided to duke it out like Contador and Rasmussen.

Advertisement