Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maam cross - eateries/drinkeries?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

will be self catering near maam soon. i believe it's pretty remote and nearest bar in keanes pub. does anyone know it? and does it do food? are there any other places in that area that do food? what are taxis like around there? we'll prob try to hit Keanes either way, food or not!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

paddles wrote: »
    will be self catering near maam soon. i believe it's pretty remote and nearest bar in keanes pub. does anyone know it? and does it do food? are there any other places in that area that do food? what are taxis like around there? we'll prob try to hit Keanes either way, food or not!

Do you want Maam or Maam Cross, they are a little bit apart, 8KM maybe

Peacockes Hotel is in Maam Cross, they do food/drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

it's somewhere in maam. i believe keanes bar is 20mins away by car. ok good to know we can get grub out in peacocks.

heh drinkeries heh heh heh

yes I know I'm a child sometimes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

What's in Maam village? Is there a shop or a supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

paddles wrote: »
    What's in Maam village? Is there a shop or a supermarket?

There is a shop. There is a pub. There is a post office. And that is it. Keane's pub is great but doesn't do food and Peacocks is five miles away and a bit iffy at the best of times. There are no taxis but there may be a local hackney. Don't be expecting too much but aside from that it is a lovely area and great for walking, cycling, jogging etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement