Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dublin airport

• 20-10-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering what the story is getting to Dublin Airport from Waterford on the new road? I've used the motorway but not all the way to Dublin (and actually never drove to the airport before that anyway)
    Are there signs etc. for the airport on the way into Dublin or do you have to go into the city a bit or come off the motorway and get onto a new one?
    And how long a journey is it?

Thanks!

(wasn't sure where to post this as the long motorway thread is locked)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

araic88 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just wondering what the story is getting to Dublin Airport from Waterford on the new road? I've used the motorway but not all the way to Dublin (and actually never drove to the airport before that anyway)
    Are there signs etc. for the airport on the way into Dublin or do you have to go into the city a bit or come off the motorway and get onto a new one?

Thanks!

You don't have to go anywhere near Dublin city,just use the M9 until it meets with the M50,and just take the M50 to the airport it is well signposted,from the bridge to the airport takes around 1hr 50mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Great! Thanks for the 120km/h reply! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

bridge to the airport takes around 1hr 50mins.
    1:45, bridge -> terminal, no speeding
    flOv9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

araic88 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks!

You don't have to go anywhere near Dublin city,just use the M9 until it meets with the M50,and just take the M50 to the airport it is well signposted,from the bridge to the airport takes around 1hr 50mins.

Just make sure you take the M50 Northbound exit. Where you get off for the airport depends on if you are simply picking someone up or if you will be parking at the airport.

Long Term Carpark - Get off at the Ballymun exit on M50

Short Team Carpark and drop off - Head to the end of the M50 and its well sign posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

beazee wrote: »
    1:45, bridge -> terminal, no speeding
    flOv9.jpg

Looks like you used sum kinda ther' spaceship from d futur to
    reach the flying machine garage!

On a serious note though, fantastic time. Since the new motorway
    has opened it makes Dublin Airport as accessible as Cork (plus you
    dont get stuck in small towns eg Castlemartyr). Plus you have a much
    broader range of destinations & better flight times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'm being really pedantic here, but the M9 doesn't merge with the M50. It merges with and becomes the M7 at Kilcullen ;)

I do know what you mean though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

gscully wrote: »
    I'm being really pedantic here, but the M9 doesn't merge with the M50. It merges with and becomes the M7 at Kilcullen ;)

So you are being pedantic then!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

wellboy76 wrote: »
    So you are being pedantic then!!! :D

No, I'm being really pedantic. That is what I wrote :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

gscully wrote: »

Oh right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

ShaneIRL wrote: »
    Just make sure you take the M50 Northbound exit. Where you get off for the airport depends on if you are simply picking someone up or if you will be parking at the airport.

Long Term Carpark - Get off at the Ballymun exit on M50

Short Team Carpark and drop off - Head to the end of the M50 and its well sign posted

You will have to pass through the toll between junctions 6 and 7. There is no physical toll but you can pay by laser/credit card by calling 1890 50 10 50 or on www.eflow.ie/. Toll costs €3 and you have 24 hours from when you pass the toll point to pay before encuring a penalty fee. If you are going away be sure to pay before you leave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

tonc76 wrote: »
    You will have to pass through the toll between junctions 6 and 7. There is no physical toll but you can pay by laser/credit card by calling 1890 50 10 50 or on www.eflow.ie/. Toll costs €3 and you have 24 hours from when you pass the toll point to pay before encuring a penalty fee. If you are going away be sure to pay before you leave!

Thanks! had forgotten about that one! Between that toll, the waterford one (which is avoidable but still...), reeally high airport parking charges, I'm just hoping it ends up being worth not getting the bus. :p Don't think I can face the JJ Kavanagh looong journey again though

Advertisement