Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling 3 account

Options
  • 20-10-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Have been a three mobile broadband customer for some time now, service was reasonable but due to getting a new lodger who was going to give me free eircom broadband went with that :D Haven't used the product in a bit, but was waiting for contract term to end before cancelling.

In August missed multiple calls from the 0833333333 number, and eventually when answered was greeted with the additional 1 year sales pitch. Advised I would be cancelling and was told to write to them giving 28 days notice, which I did early Sept, by writing to head office in Dublin (unfortunately not registered.)

After Septembers payment was taken, cancelled the DD and assumed that was that. Lo and behold yesterday got a call looking for Octobers payment, and same again today. Was told that to even talk to the cancellation department, I have to pay this months payment, and that you cannot cancel in writing only by phone. They also can't seem to trace any call that was made to me in August, even though I gave them the exact time, date and length of call. The supervisor I asked to talk to even suggested that I may be mixing them up with another company.

Anyone had similar experiences with them ?

I was thinking the best thing to do would be go into a 3 shop and show the proof of calls and explain the situation. Any other suggestions ? As it stands they are going to keep billing me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Fitz123 wrote: »
    I was thinking the best thing to do would be go into a 3 shop and show the proof of calls and explain the situation.

A waste of time. The people in the shop can't do anything for you.

Put everything you have done so far in a letter, including all the details of that call in August and the letter you sent to their head office in September. Register post that to them. Tell them you have cancelled in writing, as requested, which should be more than sufficient. You will not be paying them anything more, and you will not be contacting them any more.

Leave it at that, and see what they say. Make sure that direct debit stay cancelled, and do not pay them anything more.

Advertisement