Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Uncle records in WWII

• 20-10-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

my late grand-uncle served in WWII in the United States army. He was in the D day landings and was awared the purple heart. i am wondering if there are any sites which i can find out more about his Military career.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe not the best reference point but the 101st Airborne ( screaming eagles ) were involved in D-Day landings and you may find a link on their site to help you discover more about your grandfathers unit .

http://www.screamingeagle.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

whocares86 wrote: »
    my late grand-uncle served in WWII in the United States army. He was in the D day landings and was awared the purple heart. i am wondering if there are any sites which i can find out more about his Military career.

Do you know which beach he landed at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

whocares86 wrote: »

Did you Uncle survive the war? If you post or pm me his name I can look him up for you. I collect US Medal groups I have a number of subscription based resources I can search for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Wookster76 wrote: »
    Did you Uncle survive the war? If you post or pm me his name I can look him up for you. I collect US Medal groups I have a number of subscription based resources I can search for you.

Is this an open offer? My grandfather served in WWII, I have his Army serial number but cannot find out much more about him.

Regards

Theblueirish

• Advertisement
Advertisement