Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK Week 3

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Stella looks very much like Maria Sharapova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Quite enjoying the series so far. So superior to the Irish one.

Shibby probably deserved to go, but I was kinda hoping (just for entertainment purposes) that Sandeesh would get the boot. Shibby and Paloma were very entertaining in the boardroom, and Shibby was hilarious in the "You're Fired" programme.

Paloma reminds me a bit of Yasmina, the last series' winner. Same demeanour (tough and sarcastic, but competent and quite funny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loving it so far, it's identical to the irish format intro an all , and even down to Sugar's lame scripted stuff like Bill's :D

The contestants though really raise the bar in terms of cocky etc compared to the irish guys :pac:

Was pissing myself at the blonde with the calculator trying to work out the price of a bread roll and saying 1.82 per unit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

calex71 wrote: »
    Loving it so far, it's identical to the irish format intro an all , and even down to Sugar's lame scripted stuff like Bill's :D

The contestants though really raise the bar in terms of cocky etc compared to the irish guys :pac:

Was pissing myself at the blonde with the calculator trying to work out the price of a bread roll and saying 1.82 per unit lol
    Well it has been on for longer. And the tasks are better because they involve more than flogging someone else's product, and Alan Sugar is actually an entrepreneur...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

calex71 wrote: »

The Irish Apprentice, just like the Irish Weakest Link, the Irish Dragon's Den, the Irish Who Wants to be a Millionaire and every other Irish "spin off" has robbed the material from the UK version....NOT the other way around.

Also, Sugar is a well known business leader and member of parliament, and most well known business leaders in Ireland are either dead, in front of tribunals or away in the Bahamas....the idea may not have come from him, but you can bet he was instrumental in shaping his own show, which RTE/TV3 then ripped off...as they do with everything....

The Irish version is also a disgusting product placement service which doesn't see the boss give the orders, but rather a member of the B&Q or Guinness or HB family - a disgraceful show which is nothing but a huge product placement and extended advertisement for the person involved.

Take a look at the B&Q show....what benefit of it was it to them to build a house....using B&Q materials, and then allow that house to be sold allowing some property developer to make some money at their unpaid labour...what did that show, surely there would have been other ways to show teamwork under a constructive situation....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Who is the guy with the odd vein protruding form the temple of his head,it is scary looking.I also think bad sports man he would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

caseyann wrote: »
    Who is the guy with the odd vein protruding form the temple of his head,it is scary looking.I also think bad sports man he would be.

Hadn't noticed that, is it Stuart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hadn't noticed that, is it Stuart?

Sorry think he is the one in Irish one :o Barry :p

Advertisement