Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love my bed too much

Options
  • 20-10-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

I can go to sleep no problems and I find it hard keeping my eyes open past midnight. But I should really be waking up at 8 or 8.30am bright eyed and bushy tailed. I don't start work til about 11/12 so I'll drag myself out of bed at 9 or 10am & then feel bad that I've wasted that time.

On my days off I often stay in bed until 12 & feel very ashamed as I've potentially lost 4hrs that I do actually need to be spending on other things. But even on those days that I get up at 11 or 12, I'm all sleepy again in 12 hours!

This is getting me down in that I want to be using my mornings productively, but at the same time I feel like I'm missing out on my lie-in!

I have a "black out" blind in my bedroom on a velux window and it may have something to do with it. Even when I wake up at noon & the sun is blazing outside, the room looks exactly like nighttime cos it is so dark. Does anyone else have these blinds & have a similar problem.

Any tips or is really just a case of willpower do you think? I could easily sleep a solid 10 hours a night if left to my own devices but this is just so wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

i often go asleep at around 7 am and wake up at 6/7 pm. enjoy it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I miss my bed! Beautiful, comfy king-size monster back home in Ireland. Been sleeping on a futon on the floor for almost two years now since coming to Japan. Only started missing my bed recently. Maybe I will treat myself and purchase a bed over here sometime soon!

OP, enjoy your bed and your sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlybob

Perhaps you might have a low thoroid condition? My sister was like this but once she got the tablets for her condition it improved. Your blinds are most definitley not helping either! Best have a few blood tests!! good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I used to have a hypo-thyroid condition when I was younger but got a blood test on it a year or so ago & it was fine.

Have been leaving the blind up & along with a little bit of discipline have been getting up okay. Having the daylight does seem to help. Have been getting about 8 to 8 1/2 hours and feel better on that than 9 or 10 to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 saim_saim

hey guys...
    i love my bed room a lot... my favorite place in my home is my bed room.. i am always ready to sleep when i am little bit free...... often i sleep 10 to 12 hours daily....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I sleep 10 to 12 hours a few times a week, I love my sleep and see nothing wrong with once you are fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Nothing wrong with a bit of a lie on every now and then - just not all the time.
    I once has a 36 hour lie on after finishing a grueling month of night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

36 hours?? Thats an epic sleep!! :D

When I was in college, I'd struggle to get out of bed before 10/11, even when I went to bed early the night before. Now that Im working, Im up at 5am every morning not a bother (although I do get an afternoon slump where coffee is most definately needed!) and easily getting through the day on 5-6 hours sleep. I actually feel better for this than than 10 hours I was getting in college, i have way more energy and motviation now.

The blackout blinds are amazing for when you need a lie-on, but Ive the same dark curtains that block out the light and I keep them open now so as I dont waste my weekends sleeping! That said, if im off and its a horrible day outside, they get closed and I revert back to the odd 12 hour sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I have a heated mattress pad on my bed. It is like climbing into a giant hug!
    Love it!!!

Advertisement