Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my bill

Options
  • 20-10-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I moved into my apartment 2 months ago and got my first esb bill the other day. I ended up washing it in the washing machine and ruined it. Is it possible to get a new one sent out so I can pay it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yea. Ring their Accounts/Billing office and quote your account no. to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

If you ring them you can pay with a laser card. I set up the paperless bills option online so I don't get bills through the letterbox anymore. I find it a lot handier because you can view your bills from past months and pay online when it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Duffff-Man,

As Kristopherus and Pocketfizz have pointed out, you can of course get a reprint of a bill whenever it's required. Our customer service number is 1850 372 372, and our email is service@esb.ie. Alternatively, you can just PM me your details and I can either have a copy posted out to you, or I could email you the bill as a .pdf attachment.
    Pocketfizz wrote:
    If you ring them you can pay with a laser card. I set up the paperless bills option online so I don't get bills through the letterbox anymore. I find it a lot handier because you can view your bills from past months and pay online when it's due.

I'm happy to hear it's working out for Pocketfizz the way we intended it :). Click here to find out more about our online billing option, or click here to go straight ahead and register.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

have rang that number a few times now and for the life of me i cant seem to get thru to a person, it seems to be totally automated, there isnt an option to suit me, im looking for a copy bill as well, so which option do i take to get to speak to someone, ive emailed as well but havent gotten a reply so i dont know whats going on there either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Woody1,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting through to us.

Our new automated service, makes it possible to retrieve your own account information 24 hours a day without having to speak to a person. I can appreciate that some queries do not fit in exactly with the options on the system. If this is the case you will be offered the option of speaking to a person, (From 8.00am - 8.00pm Monday - Saturday) at the end of the option list.

When you contact us, you are given a number of options to choose from so we can direct your call in the best way.

To begin, you are asked to enter your 9 digit account number. Our automated system will read back the account number to you, to confirm it is correct. (If you do not have your account number, please hold on the line and you will be given the option to be transfered to a person to discuss your query).

You will then be asked to choose an option, which most closely fits your query. If you have a query about your bill or need a copy, it would be best to choose 'BILL INQUIRY'.

Our system will retrieve your account information and will give you the current balance, the details of your last payment, and the date that your next bill will issue. You will also be given some information on what to do if your bill is estimated.

After this, you are given the option, to
    1) enter another account number
    2) return to the main menu
    3) Further inquiry - say 'HELP'

If you require further information, you should say 'HELP' and you will be transferred to the next available agent here in our contact centre. They will be able to assist you with any query which our automated service cannot help you with.

If you would like me to PM me your account number and contact information, I can check if we have received your email. You can normally expect a response to an email query within 5 working days. If you have an urgent query, our telephone lines are open from 8.00am - 8.00pm Monday to Saturday, where my colleagues will be on hand to take your call.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

thanks chris

will try that and see how it goes

Advertisement