Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personal insurance life cover

Options
  • 20-10-2010 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

my broker is proposing a policy to me, this will mean my wife & I are covered for €500,000 each costing €80 per month

also for a extra critical illness cover for €35 per month with a lump sum of €40000

Does this sound like a reasonable cover/cost

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

Sorry Michael, but your query is a bit too broad to give a precise answer, its like asking how long is a piece of string!

Life insurance is a very personal product, there is no one size fits all and it is set up to suit your needs and requirements. I presume (or at least hope) you completed a full financial factfind with your adviser (in other words you completed a questionnaire with the adviser, setting out all your financial details, current insurances, savings, pension etc..), based upon that information your adviser has made some recommendations and explained why he/she suggest you need that level of cover.

Without knowing your background it is very difficult to say whether that level of cover is appropriate to meet your needs and requirements. As for cost, without knowing your age, your smoker status and the term of the recommended cover, we can not do a comparative quote for you.

In any event if your adviser is an independent adviser, you should had received a comparative quote showing a list of all the companies providing that type of cover and the comparative premium for each company. This will immediately show whether the premium quoted is the most competitive, however, please bear in mind the cheapest does not mean the best. There may be some other benefits to more expensive product which could mean better value for your money. Your adviser should be able to point out the difference.

Advertisement