Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rescuing Roof Tiles

• 20-10-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

I am demolishing a house that was roofed in the 50's (in one day by a team of brothers). The roof tiles are in tact and I would like to save (and ultimately sell) them. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this?

The image attached is them as they are at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rayjdav

LoTwan wrote: »
    The roof tiles are in tact and I would like to save (and ultimately sell) them. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this?

LoTwan,
    I did this late last year on my own place.
    On the assumption;) that you will have scaffold, it is very easy and quick to do.
    The tiles should just lift, then slide down to man on scaffold, have a "slide" jig set up and slide down to man on ground and simply store on pallets ready for sale. You wil have breakages but try keep it to a minimum by careful handling:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Ah yes, all the more reason for buying scaffold rather than renting it :)

Out of interest who did you sell them to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Take them off. one by one.
    It's hardly complicated, esp when compared to demolishing a house yourself.

Advertisement