Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grocery bill?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering round about how much people in the residences pay weekly for groceries ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

While I am not in res, I am living away from home and I tend to spend €20 a week on the ol' groceries....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

I spend 20-25 euro a week.

Might go for food in the forum one of the days aswell. (€6)

I am on campus btw, in Belgrove, But unless you're living in Roebuck halls I don't think the food bill would be any less.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Not living on campus either, but 20-25 quid spent in tesco should get ya plenty for the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

If you go to Crosscare and put on a hard Dublin accent then you'll get your food for free. It'll save you a heck of a lot of money, especially if you plan on going out on Friday or Saturday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 katybi

If you go to Crosscare and put on a hard Dublin accent then you'll get your food for free. It'll save you a heck of a lot of money, especially if you plan on going out on Friday or Saturday nights.

Thanks everyone really helped me to budget!! haha but as for the Crosscare and the Dublin accent dnt think think that will work Im coming from New Zealand so the Kiwi accent is a little too distinctive. Could still give it a go though ....
    thanks
    :)

• Advertisement

BDR wrote: »
    I spend 20-25 euro a week.

Might go for food in the forum one of the days aswell. (€6)

I am on campus btw, in Belgrove, But unless you're living in Roebuck halls I don't think the food bill would be any less.

Thanks ill budget for 25 euros a week I think .... just a little off topic but would u suggest Belgrove or Merville or another residence ??? thanks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

katybi wrote: »
    Thanks ill budget for 25 euros a week I think .... just a little off topic but would u suggest Belgrove or Merville or another residence ??? thanks :rolleyes:

Merville, Belgrove is a dump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

Belgrove is a kip, but it's slightly cheaper, slightly closer and there are more parties.
    But it's a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TunaSaladBB

Are people's budgets based on 5 day week or 7 day week? Makes a big difference, especially when if you do a weekend of pilferin'. I'd spend 30-35 but I'm completely living away from home. Just go back once or twice a week for a good feed.

Are people's budgets based on 5 day week or 7 day week? Makes a big difference, especially when if you do a weekend of pilferin'. I'd spend 30-35 but I'm completely living away from home. Just go back once or twice a week for a good feed.

Yea maybe ill budget for around 30 seams to be the average. I will be on exchange from NZ so yea completly away from home too :).
    thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement