Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dribble / Teething Rash

• 20-10-2010 10:22pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

James is teething really badly at the moment. Drooling and dribbling rivers. His face is really bad. I've been using my leftover Lansinoh as a barrier but he likes sleeping on his side and front now so during the night it gets rubbed off and the dribble pools around his dummy.

So the evening before last I put him to bed and his face was perfect. Went to get him up the next morning and he had a raised rash around his dummy line that was red as hell.

It seems to be affecting the rest of his cheeks as well but you can only see that after a nap or if he's crying.

It looks really terrible and I'm sure it's uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Addison used to get a rash on her neck from milk spill when she was a baby and the only thing that cleared it up was caldesene powder every time we changed her we washed and dried the area, applied to powder and then blew most of it off so it didn't form a paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

try using vaseline on his skin before putting him down as it absorbs really well and acts as a great barrier and should help to protect his skin more than a cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My guy had this a few months ago and nothing i did helped so i took him to the doctor and got daktacort cream and that did the trick.

Used bepanthen, vaseline, carmex and carmex for coldsores and zovirax nothing worked, after 1 week of daktacort it was much improved, see the pharmacist or go to the doctors.

Advertisement