Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of fish around greystones area

Options
  • 20-10-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I Have noticed, in the year or 2 since the new harbour is being built that hardly any fish have been coming near shore. Is it because the construction of the harbour has somehow made the fish not come in, i dont know

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Have you fished after dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

FionnBarr wrote: »
    I Have noticed, in the year or 2 since the new harbour is being built that hardly any fish have been coming near shore. Is it because the construction of the harbour has somehow made the fish not come in, i dont know

A lot of people saying the same about the new harbour at Clogherhead, its not the same for fishing anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I used to go boat fishing out of the harbour at Greystones in the mid 80`s. Have not seen the harbour since, i heard its completely different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I was out in Greystones yesterday and didn't even get a nibble after 2 hours. I was using rag and every time I reeled in to bate up again they were still on the hooks. It was really strange.

Advertisement