Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm repair in the Kildare area?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

Im having some alarm trouble at the moment and need some help. I have an aritech cs350 installed in my house and I was away on holiday and my alarm went off. Instead of knocking itself off after a certain period of time, it kept ringing and didnt knock off. Apparently it was going off for over 19 hours straight. Anyway... one of my neighbours (not sure who) ripped my external alarm box off the wall so it would stop. I dont blame them to be honest. I still have the alarm box but i assume I would need a new one?

Can anyone tell me if an engineer will be able to reprogram my alarm so it will stop sounding after a certain period of time?

Id also like to know how roughly much would i be looking at for a new alarm box on the outside of my home?

And lastly can anyone recommend someone in kildare who will be able to fix this for me and doesnt cost the earth? I tried to use google search but didnt come up with much

Thanks in advance guys

Alan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

hey guys,

Im having some alarm trouble at the moment and need some help. I have an aritech cs350 installed in my house and I was away on holiday and my alarm went off. Instead of knocking itself off after a certain period of time, it kept ringing and didnt knock off. Apparently it was going off for over 19 hours straight. Anyway... one of my neighbours (not sure who) ripped my external alarm box off the wall so it would stop. I dont blame them to be honest. I still have the alarm box but i assume I would need a new one?

Can anyone tell me if an engineer will be able to reprogram my alarm so it will stop sounding after a certain period of time?

Id also like to know how roughly much would i be looking at for a new alarm box on the outside of my home?

And lastly can anyone recommend someone in kildare who will be able to fix this for me and doesnt cost the earth? I tried to use google search but didnt come up with much

Thanks in advance guys

Alan

PM Altor here on this site.

He is very very good and very reasonable too.Altor was the cheapest of 4 alarm companies that quoted me.
    Hes also fairly close to where you are living too.

He did a great job on my new alarm system,very impressed by the quality/neatness of his work and his professionalism.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should be very straight forward.
    The bell may be ok.But there is no way to know without looking at it.
    The CS350 is, by default, set to always rearm.This needs to be changed .There is also probably a faulty device that was causing the alarm to activate in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mona Lisa!

I agree with Paddy. Altor recently installed an alarm at my home. He was prompt and professional and I'm delighted with the system. Also he provides very honest advice in relation to what people require from their alarm system..I'd highly recommend him :D

Advertisement