Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compost and potting mix

Options
  • 20-10-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Sorry, this is going to be a very basic question, but I'm completely new to this! I got some wheatgrass seeds and was told to get compost and potting mix. I didn't ask any more about this but I'm not sure now about how to get this. Does this compost and potting mix come together or do you get it separately?
    I don't have my own compost or anything so is woodies the best place to go, and what exactly do I ask for? can I get them both in one premixed?

Also,,, why would potting mix have been recommended and not just compost?

Hope someone can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vincentdunne

Seed compost and potting compost are basically the same thing. Seed compost has less nutrients because seeds need less nuitrients over a small period. I am not sure, however, that I would sow wheatgrass at the moment. You might be better waiting until spring.

Advertisement