Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Webcam/Skype Sound Issues

Options
  • 20-10-2010 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I purchased a Logitech Quickcam Fusion 1.3 webcam for my mother last Christmas. It seemed to install fine in that when I recorded a video on it and played it back using the Logitech software, the picture and sound played back fine. When I then tried to make a call on Skype, although I could see and hear people on the other end of the call, they could only see me and could not hear me. I have tried the camera on another PC with no issues and have also tried downloading the Vista driver from the Logitech website. The PC is a Dell with 2.0GB RAM, 2GHz processor and a 32 bit O/S. It runs on Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), Service Pack 2. The camera has an in-built mic and the computer has external speakers. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try next to sort out the issue?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If its working on other machines and with its own software on your machine then it must be an issue with skype itself. Try going into Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings and check the microphone drop down list , make sure its your camera's mic. You might have to restart skype for this to take effect.

If this doesn't work, open up your logitech software. I'm not sure which one you have but go to the settings and mic settings and check volumes and which mic it is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gingedub

Issue sorted today - I un-installed Skype and all of the logitech software and started from scratch. I can't be certain, but I think the issue may have been with the original Skype installaion as I was always able to verify via the logitech software that the mic on the webcam was working. Thanks for the advice.:D

Advertisement