Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonfires

Options
  • 21-10-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi, is there any organised supervised bonfires in Dublin this year? I know theres some down country and they are very common in uk. Would be great to have a safe place to bring kids etc and ensure a safe festival. What are legalities of having a bonfire on private land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Illegal on public land and I know farmers can get heavily fined for burning on their land so there is probably a ban on open air burning. It completely wrecks the land for about a year. South Dublin CC are rolling out some initiative that if local residents associations can manage that there are no bonfires on their public lands, they will plant Daffodils there for the spring. A nice incentive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That's a pretty good idea from the council :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Most housing estates with green areas will have one that will be heavily supervised by the parents from the estate. That was (and apparently still is) the case in the estate I grew up in and the surrounding estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That's a pretty good idea from the council :)

surely its something the council should be doing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

surely its something the council should be doing anyway

Not anymore. Fingal CC are even adopting a policy now of the "Growing Places Initiative 2010" where they are not even going to cut the grass in estates to let wild flowers and plants grow. It also conveniently saves money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There's usually one at St. Martin's church in Tallaght. Run by the church, ambulance on sight.
    It's been there every year since I was small so I presume it will be there again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Not anymore. Fingal CC are even adopting a policy now of the "Growing Places Initiative 2010" where they are not even going to cut the grass in estates to let wild flowers and plants grow. It also conveniently saves money.
    :rolleyes:
    wasters, i presume that means they can lay off lots of surplus staff then? Unlikely I think

Advertisement