Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eckhart Tolle comes to Dublin Oct 2010

• 21-10-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi Y'all,

Did anyone else go to the Eckhart Tolle gathering last night, there was a lot of people there, but it was such a great evening, he was very different to what i thought he would be, he is not serious about spirituality but very light about it, and very funny, his facial impression of a human victim is hilarious,

i thought his message was expressed so well, and being in his presence was very calming, he has no ego and when he talks you can really see an example of it, I drew so many drawings because it is hard to use words to describe the 'formless' i thought id try images, I think he is the best communicator, and just loved meeting him, (well i had a good seat up the front) I felt at peace after it, and slept soooo soundly and have taken so much from it to go forward with.

Anyone else go/ thoughts? NAMASTE xoxo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I was a few rows from the front and it was great to finally see him live. As you say, he caricaturises the mind patterns so well that you can laugh your way past them. I can't imagine a faster way to 'get there'.

He really was good at sort of easing you into a more aware and peaceful state, and he can take you there so quickly and effortlessly. I feel very lucky to have the choices that his teaching makes available and I'm even more committed now to living it. I've gotten endless value from his books etc. but he's really worth seeing too.

The audience were amazing too I thought. Such an air of calm among such large numbers is new to me.

I hope he comes back next year :)

By the way, would you care to share some drawings with us? I'd love to see that expressed in art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

Aww thats lovely to hear, yeah the audience was captivated and his energy was so peaceful it transcended, thats one of his words and it sums him up nicely!

I wanted to put some up but they are in my note book, il see if i can take a photo of some!

I can actually remember the part of the talk you were sketching! I like the way you portray the mind 'prison' on the first page, that's totally it.

I've been been keeping a diary of when I spot those habits (well, part-time). The drawings are a nice touch for driving it home :)

Good idea to document those times, thats the awareness!! i really enjoyed flowing with the conversation and trying to draw what came up, just doing that with him there was a joy, the best thing i learned was~ the art of living is to live with the two forms of you, the thinking conscious and the space conscious,

i kept (thinking! lol) that the thinking conscious was bad and needed to be eradicated but it is to be accepted, but watched closely (awareness?) and the other side of you is the space consciousness, which i presume over time becomes the stronger side if the awareness grows, this was my interpretation of it and my favourite drawing i did.... XOXO

Ahhhh... very nice. I think I might have known that, but it was in the background. That makes sense. Once I had gotten to the stage where I was aware of the thought activity, I found myself reacting to it too. "Oh no, I'm thinking aimlessly. Oh no, now I'm commenting on my thoughts, that's more thinking! Stop thinking!!!" lol :)

That's another thing to allow :) It's amazing what can fit into the allowance .. the space. I find it really interesting that you chose to interact with his talk in this way, nice job!

• Advertisement

I just posted up a wee collection on my website if you want to have a look, il delete the link after cause im not ready to show the world just yet! :L

Ah, thank you so much - I'm looking now. Wow, you have some amazing stuff there. The trees are great! I'll *peruse* while I'm at work tomorrow.

I usually just go quiet and speechless when I stumble into that space, so I was always curious how creativity might work there. I used to write a little music, and as Eckhart said on Tuesday, I could write loads about negative things, but when ever I was happy I was just "dum dee dum". So, it never made it onto a canvas of any kind. You can't really elaborate on it. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Wasn't there myself, but heard from friends at other events that he is very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mccoist

Aww thats lovely to hear, yeah the audience was captivated and his energy was so peaceful it transcended, thats one of his words and it sums him up nicely!

I wanted to put some up but they are in my note book, il see if i can take a photo of some!

wow great image you
    like the way you keep diary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 willyg

Wasn't there myself, but heard from friends at other events that he is very funny.

yea hes definitely a funny fella alrite, I went to see him a couple of years ago when he was here last and he has a very funny sense of humour that you will only appreciate when you tune into him. Am listening to CDs of his at the minute and he really does have his finger on the pulse, NO EGO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Ugh, can't believe I missed this. I've read some of his works and am actually listening to him read The Power of Now on audio book again at the moment. Love the sound of his voice... so calming.

Love the journal entries Oil Painting... very unique! :)

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Ugh, can't believe I missed this. I've read some of his works and am actually listening to him read The Power of Now on audio book again at the moment. Love the sound of his voice... so calming.

Love the journal entries Oil Painting... very unique! :)

Nice one Dewdrop!

I know i felt like that the last time i found out he was here and i missed it, i was always wondering how the heck you find out all this info, i have been a member of his website http://www.eckharttolle.com/home/ for a while now and i was getting a monthly email i really enjoyed, then it said he was coming to Dublin and there was a link, so i was able to sus it out, there is also a link to seminars.ie which is another handy link for other similar people coming, Stillorgan Pk Hotel also holds similar spirituality seminars,

Just for the record incase anyone else would like to keep an eye on those links.

All the best with the Eckhart stuff, he is the best at communicating it i think,

i did his online webinar event he did with Oprah where he went through each chapter of A NEW EARTH it was really good and the event is still free to view on oprah.com and to download on ipod etc.

All the best.

Advertisement