Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proudness

Options
  • 21-10-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Is my overall feeeling after tonights game

It takes enormos bollox to turn around a 4-0 half time scoreline (not to mention down to 10 men)

In the end, we rattled the current champions good and proper in their own back yard.

So for that, well done Tottenham Hotspur

We'll do em good and proper next week

Come on you Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Hopefully some of the missing defenders will be back. Harry's priority is buying a left full in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hopefully some of the missing defenders will be back. Harry's priority is buying a left full in January.

the best I've seen recently is Marcello at R Madrid

world class LB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

#
    Once he's got a right back, a centre half and a couple of strikers! ;)

Agree with Dublins opening post. Typical Spurs the worst and the best in 90 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

In the end, we rattled the current champions good and proper in their own back yard

I dont think we rattled anyone, we had three great finishes against a side that had switched off cos the game was over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

the best I've seen recently is Marcello at R Madrid

world class LB

You for real ? He's shaky as fcuk. Well known that Jose wants a LB as he doesn't trust him.

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I dont think we rattled anyone, we had three great finishes against a side that had switched off cos the game was over!

disagree

1 man down and 4 goals down away at the current champions. that was bad, but other spurs teams would have lost by a cricket score in the end.

so scoring 3 unanswered goals and only narrowly loosing counts for nothing then ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    You for real ? He's shaky as fcuk. Well known that Jose wants a LB as he doesn't trust him.

only saw him for the 1st time on tue night and i was very impressed

only saw him for the 1st time on tue night and i was very impressed

Have been watching him at Madrid for the last couple of years. He is good going forward but he's no left back. Maybe Jose will work his magic on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

disagree

1 man down and 4 goals down away at the current champions. that was bad, but other spurs teams would have lost by a cricket score in the end.

so scoring 3 unanswered goals and only narrowly loosing counts for nothing then ?

Couldn't agree more with you .... The Spurs of old would have completely crumbled and lost 6 or 7 nil .... it shows that we still have the fight and spirit and cause teams problems ... even if Inter did take the 'foot off the gas', the game is 90 minutes long and we showed that even with 10 men we play till the end. This will give us great heart for the return game in 2 weeks and can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Marcelo isn't a left back, he is a left winger. And he is awful in my opinion.

I don't think LB is Harry's main priority to be honest, we have 2 capable players in that position in BAE and Bale - other then Baines, Cole, Evra... Who in the league would you take ahead of BAE? Baines is the only realistic target out of those 3, and he would be a fine acquisition although I am happy enough with BAE - I think he does a fine job there.

I reckon he is looking to offload some of the squad players and use that to create space for some top class players - the likes of Keane, Bentley, O'Hara, Dos Santos, Woodgate - these are players that could do it for us if given a chance or are injury free, but Harry probably wants younger and hungrier players who will be world class within the next few seasons, not people who had the potential to be but never lived up to it...

I honestly think we have a squad capable of challenging, but it just boils down to using the right people at the right time. The likes of Kranjcar, who was on fire for Croatia last week needs to be used more. I think Keane is under-used myself, same with Bentley whom I thought had a brilliant end to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

im not too concerned about LB to be honest. BAE has played consistently well in my opinion since the start of last season. we're shipping a lot of goals this season because of all our defensive injuries. if we could get dawson and king playing regularly we'd put a stop to that. Our main priority should be a world class striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

I think it was wrong to sacrifice Modric for Gomes' stupidity. Hudd should have made way. I have yet to see him stamp his authority on a game, went missing again for 60 odd mins last night.

Thank God Bale's a Yid!

disagree

We scored 3 goals against a team that had fallen asleep completely, it was a fortunate recovey rather than a hard fought one!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Marcelo isn't a left back, he is a left winger. And he is awful in my opinion.

He plays in both positions, and has played at left full more times than left wing for Madrid.

it was a fortunate recovey rather than a hard fought one!

Have to completely disagree. How was it fotunate ? Nothing fotunate about Bales 3 goals from the view in my sitting room ! Not sure what it was like from the Upper tier in the San Siro either....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

ryano77 wrote: »
    im not too concerned about LB to be honest. BAE has played consistently well in my opinion since the start of last season. we're shipping a lot of goals this season because of all our defensive injuries. if we could get dawson and king playing regularly we'd put a stop to that. Our main priority should be a world class striker.

I'm sorry but i competely dissagree, now he has his qualities, he is a decent attacking left back and has a good shot , but as for being a left back , he costs us too many goals with terrible defensive positioning, and stupid rash challenges.

bales goals were superb but the rest of the performance wasnt great now was it!

bales goals were superb but the rest of the performance wasnt great now was it!

Overall no it wasn't, but to say we were fortunate is not right. We did great to get back to 4-3, albeit with 2 late goals, but they all count. Would have been interesting to see what happened if there was another 7/8 mins left on top of injury time. Remember we played the European Champions in there backyard with ten men for most of the game.

Anyway, all water under the bridge, onwards and updwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

TBH the first half was embarrassing and was looking like we'd be hit with a cricket score, especially when we were looking at 80 minutes with ten men.

Second half I was just hoping for damage limitation and possibly a consolation goal but fair play we managed to pick up a bit and Bale was electric.

Shame we won't have Gomes for the return fixture at WHL (wtf was he thinking). Having VD back will be a boost and I reckon we've a good chance to take the 3 points.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Everyone of our away games in this seasons CL have included a period where we collectively fell asleep for a long period. This is seriously worrying.

2 goals in injury time is only papering over serious mental cracks imo.

Again today we are patting ourselves in the back instead of kicking ourselves a bit lower down. I keep repeating we need to get back to clean sheets, thats 10 games in a row now, since Young Boys at home, without one. I'd settle for 0-0 against Everton this Saturday right now, unless we get back to miserly WHL like the previous 2 seasons we won't get to the level we all want Spurs to reach.

Well done GB last night though, was very proud.

• Advertisement

Still think we can take hem at the lane. Hopefully king and possibly dawson are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

In fairness the whole scope of the game changed after 8 mins with the sending off. So I wouldn't read too much in to the rest of the half as any side would be rattled in a similar situation.

It was a shame as even at two down I would have fancied us to get back in the game with the full complement. It will definitely be interesting to see how we get on at home.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Again today we are patting ourselves in the back instead of kicking ourselves a bit lower down.

what the point in doing that ??

if we were beaten 3, 4 or 5 nil I would agree, but we wern't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Is the thread title any relation to the English word "pride" or is "proudness" an exclusive semi-literate norf London fing, eh, innit?

mathepac wrote: »
    Is the thread title any relation to the English word "pride" or is "proudness" an exclusive semi-literate norf London fing, eh, innit?

Jog on..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

they were hanging on in the end of injury time. that in my opinion is a rattled team. the whole stadium was whistling for the final whistle. they were nervous. doesnt sound like the actions of a team or supporters in total control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Still think we can take hem at the lane. Hopefully king and possibly dawson are fit.

Dawson is no where near fit. Not even back in training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Jog on..

Proudness?? Great word!!

Advertisement