Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market in Dunmanway?

Options
  • 21-10-2010 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows this "famers market" please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

check Dunmanway on Facebook. I remember reading something about it there. Tried looking it up but it's an old post.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

PcAngel wrote: »
    check Dunmanway on Facebook. I remember reading something about it there. Tried looking it up but it's an old post.

Thank you; just found this site.. I found an email somewhere else but there has been no reply so will try the community council offices.. We are seeking a second market that allows crafts as well as food and it is proving very difficult indeed.

http://www.dunmanway.ie/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=233&Itemid=68&year=2010&month=06&day=03&uid=24eec533ed3142b2944d58c201dc79ea

They even have a youtube but we cannot access that here..

http://www.riiam.com/youtube/dunmanway-farmers-market-paueysCGm9aLzuU.html

It is such a small town to have a market? Wondered how many stalls etc; and . more important, how many customers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I made that video. The farmers market has now moved to the square, so it's off private ground. I don't therefore know if you need a traders licence. There are quite a few regular stalls, depending on weather and produce. THe weekly regulars are a fantastic fishstall, a baker and a veg stall. I'm quite positive it'll grow and local people are keen. There are always fresh free range eggs to be had too. I personally sell grapes there.

I made that video. The farmers market has now moved to the square, so it's off private ground. I don't therefore know if you need a traders licence. There are quite a few regular stalls, depending on weather and produce. THe weekly regulars are a fantastic fishstall, a baker and a veg stall. I'm quite positive it'll grow and local people are keen. There are always fresh free range eggs to be had too. I personally sell grapes there.

Thank you for this. We are having problems as we sell fine hand crafts as well as gourmet preserves and most of the local markets are strictly food only. Someone who saw the video said that there were only five stalls and all were food?

We know the Baking Emporium already; lovely work they do.

maybe pm me? I have been trying to contact someone for a while. I can give you my private email then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you go west as far as bantry, they have a Friday fair,all sorts being sold there.

mp22 wrote: »
    If you go west as far as bantry, they have a Friday fair,all sorts being sold there.

Thank you.

Yes, we know re Bantry, but it is too much of a free-for-all. As some others have become. May try Bantry once...

We have one weekly market already but need either one more or some we can trade at say once a month. We are thankfully fully booked for December. But in the New Year... We are trying to fill in with eg car boot sales.

Just we would love to try Dunmanway as we are very near.

Advertisement