Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

aeonfusion wrote: »
    Gotta ask does anyone know of somewhere that does plexis for my Hrap V3, i looked quite a bit and only thing i could find was some dude on SRK, but postage from america to here would be killer for something that size :(

http://www.arcadeforge.de/?page_id=164#HRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Maybe it's just me dreaming but I saw PPCs name in this thread and I thought the Voltech might be up for grabs. :(

Not going to happen!
    He's doing another round now, order yours now.
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/p/voltech-arcade-sticks-price-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

****ing Price of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

PPC wrote: »
    Not going to happen!
    He's doing another round now, order yours now.
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/p/voltech-arcade-sticks-price-list.html

I read this whole page, and I have no idea what the big deal is about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

They are pretty,
    Oh, so pretty,
    They are pretty and witty and bright!
    And I pity
    Any lesser sticks tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Nah the v3 isn't there :( looked at that site before alright. hrap 3 =/= hrap v3

This is the two of them side by side.

ps3_rapv3sa_22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Story on the wierdly spaced HP/HK buttons? Actually it may just be my eyes.

I read this whole page, and I have no idea what the big deal is about this?

They're by far the best made sticks i've seen. The one i have is amazingly solid and lovely to play on
    Darachnid wrote: »
    Story on the wierdly spaced HP/HK buttons? Actually it may just be my eyes.

Might be the yellow buttons, spacing is fine

aeonfusion wrote: »
    Nah the v3 isn't there :( looked at that site before alright. hrap 3 =/= hrap v3

This is the two of them side by side.

Email him and ask him to make one, he should have no problem doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

k lads quick question,
    doing up my 1st TE stick, new buttons, new balltop and plexiglass arrived this morning :D:D:D

doing the art in photoshop at the moment,
    and ive been advised where to go to get it printed and to get it 8x11 (A3)

but what time of paper do i get it printed on for the best look for the plexi?
    dont mind having to pay the xtra few euro for the best4 what i need

all advice greatly apreicated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

are you using any pre exisitng templates or just gauging the sizes yourself? depending on the design you do they can be quite stict witht the sizing.

re the paper, reads have this card, well its thinner than card but thicker than paper, but it has a nice sheen off it, I normally go for that. You could get a high gloss paper, but personally I dont like the look of them with the plexi.

They're by far the best made sticks i've seen. The one i have is amazingly solid and lovely to play on

I'd be interested to see/feel how it is.

What's the next event you're bring yours to?

Sagat06 wrote: »
    are you using any pre exisitng templates or just gauging the sizes yourself? depending on the design you do they can be quite stict witht the sizing.

re the paper, reads have this card, well its thinner than card but thicker than paper, but it has a nice sheen off it, I normally go for that. You could get a high gloss paper, but personally I dont like the look of them with the plexi.

so for the paper i want near card like but that a gloss finish is a no no with the plexi or just if i get a super glossy one its a no no? i really want this 2 look right

i downloaded the template from shorjuken, stanard te size one, ill be keeping the bezzle aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Honestly the thickness of the paper/card, wont make a big ol difference, I just think its easier to work with and less chance of tearing (that will break your heart if it happens), you will just have to find a finish that you like. That can only come from seeing it IRL. If you can get them to print one gloss and one matt/plain finish to see which you prefer.

yea i planned to get a least 2 incase of a tear when cutting :eek:

ye see what u mean that a high gloss paper under plexi might be 2 "shiny"

the main backround colour is black with small bits of red and a picture in the corner so maybe that matt might be better to get a deeper black under the glass

u wouldnt know what a best thickness to get is? (know that proply stupid question haha)

I'd be interested to see/feel how it is.

What's the next event you're bring yours to?

I'm not sure, i'll let you know once i do know.
    Waiting for a last few pieces to complete it.

Email him and ask him to make one, he should have no problem doing it

Did just that, they said they're working on a mass produced plexi for the v3, currently being tested so guess i'll just have to wait for a while :( still it's really nice to know they're working on something for it :) Anyway thanks for the help PPC :) much appriciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eddiechoi1990

Hey hope this is the right place to do this, I'm selling a Used, Black Super Street Fighter 4 Tournament Edition (S) PS3 Mad Catz Arcade Fight Stick for €100 if any1 out there is interested?

I don't have the packaging or manuals for it

I rarely used the stick and it was bought last September (2010). The Condition of the stick is really good, I mainly used it for online play for 2months and then rarely used it afterwards.

Message me for any questions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If anyone is looking to get rid of a cheap and cheerful Xbox stick could you pm me, I have a friend looking to start at MvC3 but we're not at the TE stage yet. SE or Hori or datel would be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i have a te stick with a eight way gate in it if anyone interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Williamnn

Hello all !

Im looking for a TE stick for xbox, anyone selling one and is based around dublin ?

Williamnn wrote: »
    Hello all !

Im looking for a TE stick for xbox, anyone selling one and is based around dublin ?

i know you said in dublin but i have one but im in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

<via Arcade & Retro>
    Turns out the MadCatz TvC stick (Wii) works on PC/PS3 via a simple USB adapter.
    If anyone needs a good, cheap stick, this is one of the best deals you can find right now.

The parts in it are 2nd-gen MadCatz OEM. The buttons are good Sanwa OBSF clones, and the stick even uses the same Omron switches as a genuine JLF!
    Don't miss out.
    Also it looks cool!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    <via Arcade & Retro>
    If anyone needs a good, cheap stick, this is one of the best deals you can find right now.

The parts in it are 2nd-gen MadCatz OEM. The buttons are good Sanwa OBSF clones, and the stick even uses the same Omron switches as a genuine JLF!
    Don't miss out.
    Also it looks cool!

That's pretty awesome Kiki, I'm resisting the urge to buy one (or more) simply because I don't need more than two sticks.

Super cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    <via Arcade & Retro>

Don't miss out.
    Also it looks cool!

awesome find Kiki, woot I'm getting a stick - no more shouting at the x-box analogue stick "i was ****ing blocking down god damnit"!
    Where did you pick up the USB adapter btw? Do you get them at any game/gamestop retailer yeah?

awesome find Kiki, woot I'm getting a stick - no more shouting at the x-box analogue stick "i was ****ing blocking down god damnit"!
    Where did you pick up the USB adapter btw? Do you get them at any game/gamestop retailer yeah?

my friend got the adapter off amazon i believe along with the stick, he's been using his TvC for a good while now and loves it. never posted it up cause i thought everyone knew ;) the parts are upgradable to the top sanwa's and it has quick disconnects instead of being soldered, i remember hearing the stick is a bit more difficult to change but at the price of it it's not bad to have only 1 complaint about it.

this might be of interest on the subject of cheap sticks

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/datelarcadepro.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I know Shokaishi uses one stock, but IMHO the Datel/Paewang needs a full overhaul if you buy it.

I find the stick nasty, and the buttons are cheap non-microswitched ones.

Advertisement