Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I know Shokaishi uses one stock, but IMHO the Datel/Paewang needs a full overhaul if you buy it.

I find the stick nasty, and the buttons are cheap non-microswitched ones.

ok maybe not as good a find as 1st thought :o my bad

ok odd question,
    my stick has started to squeak when tap left on the return journey,is it
    in need new spring?
    silicon spray?
    it just happens from use?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You want silicone GREASE, not spray.
    Might be on eBay as "O-ring grease".

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You want silicone GREASE, not spray.
    Might be on eBay as "O-ring grease".

awesome,just have lots of silcone spray around from my airsofting,
    can i get it in a hardware store or somthing rather than inet?
    also would i just apply to it to the pivot point onthe stick and should i disasemble the stick1st?

its not doing it this mornng thou :confused:

Plumber's supplies, possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fraggle008

im look a shot gun that takes mags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Wasn't too sure where I should post this, so its going here!

Stumbled upon this gamepad proxy thing today while looking for a means to use my 360 pad on my ps3.

conceptart.png
    wit_compatibility.jpg

Its basically a yoke that lets you use all the controllers with all the consoles. Well except the Wii but nobody cares about that. Its not finished yet but it will be soon. I figured some people here might find it interesting as an alternative to modding if they didn't want to go that route. Useful for pad players too.

Reading the info it seems that since its programmable, it does open the door for cheating. So it might possibly be banned competitively. Unless of course you're all really nice, trustworthy people.

http://www.gamepadproxy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Didn't want to start a thread so i thought this would be best place

Candy cab available on adverts.ie for great price:SEGA NAOMI..probably knock a few quid off it as well.It's also in Dublin

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-naomi-arcade-machine/795843

No pics yet but they should look like this

Thumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

FU Dave!

How hard/expensive would it be to get a jamma/mame/whatever I really only care about ST board in there?

It's pretty much this or pay my credit card bill next week. The question is how sensible am I?

Do it Dan...
    Don't really know much about Naomi cabs.
    They are JVS and not jamma standard wiring
    Basically they are a souped up dreamcast in a cab
    You will need an I/O board to convert to Jamma so you can play jamma boards..cps2 etc,shouldn't be to much bother
    Should be able to put mame pc in no bother,xbox360 + dreamcast as well
    Default screen on them is 31hz with VGA connection so 480p resolution is no prob

• Advertisement

Mmmm...just did a bit of research into the Naomi.
    It is a bit of a different beast and not as simple as most candy cabs which are plug and play to Jamma boards and consoles

http://sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1265
    The JVS standard is a bit of a kicker.

Ideally you'll want it to play Jamma boards and xbox 360 together,or Mame
    The capcom I/O board is needed to convert to jamma which run at 100 quid+
    Ask him if he has one, he might.
    If you want mame you will just need an ipac to allow connections from pc to buttons
    Not really ideal for first cab, bit of effort needed but well do-able

Sorry post is a bit all over the shop
    anyway If you want it for one platform initially eg xbox 360 you can just hook one via vga cable and pad hack it.
    Then work on connecting the rest over time,thats what i'd do

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

OK been using the hori ex 2 for a month now (got it cheap to see if I could get used to stick) and I want to get a te, can anyone recommend a good reliable store/site that sells them that won't be a rip off or scam

OK been using the hori ex 2 for a month now (got it cheap to see if I could get used to stick) and I want to get a te, can anyone recommend a good reliable store/site that sells them that won't be a rip off or scam

this might instrest you,works on xbox/ps3/pc out of the box, all sanwa parts

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm

have ordered from them before as well as my brother and will both be making another order soon,the guy who runs it on facebook to hes very helpful replying to questions and such

this might instrest you,works on xbox/ps3/pc out of the box, all sanwa parts

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm

have ordered from them before as well as my brother and will both be making another order soon,the guy who runs it on facebook to hes very helpful replying to questions and such

Yes this does interest me. If you are doing an order could I give ya money at casuals (I think you where that milenna player there today) sometime and you order with your one???

anyone know a europe based site where i could get clear dust washers????

anyone know a europe based site where i could get clear dust washers????
    ArcadeShop.de is cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

*cancels order on round 2 TE, buys this instead*

Pleasure doing business. Thanks again mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I saw a EX2 Fighting Stick for sale today. Thinking of picking it up tomorrow. What's the verdict on this stick? Would it be good for starting off?

Here's a link to the same kinda stick:
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fighting-Stick-EX-Xbox-360/dp/B000V02P6Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

deathrider wrote: »
    I saw a EX2 Fighting Stick for sale today. Thinking of picking it up tomorrow. What's the verdict on this stick? Would it be good for starting off?

Here's a link to the same kinda stick:
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fighting-Stick-EX-Xbox-360/dp/B000V02P6Q

for xbox or pc? cause if it's pc i'd suggest this

aeonfusion wrote: »
    for xbox or pc? cause if it's pc i'd suggest this

Sorry, I I forgot to mention that it's for the Xbox 360. I've been using a pad since day one, so this would be my first stick.

I have used the ex2 for 2 months to learn stick. It a good one to get if ya dont know if you will like stick or not. But if ya do like stick you will learn to hate it. Once ya play on a te this will feel ugly to ya.

Hmmm, I'm reckoning it'll do me for a while then. I haven't got mad cash to caugh up for a really quality stick, so this one will do nicely till I win the lotto.

deathrider wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm reckoning it'll do me for a while then. I haven't got mad cash to caugh up for a really quality stick, so this one will do nicely till I win the lotto.

Exactly why I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

any1 got a te stick for xbox/pc? looking to deal in person, none of that shipping stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i recently bought two of the wii tatsunoku vs capcom sticks dont ask me why but i did only need one of them if someones interested ill swap one of them for mk9 for the xbox 360 or 25 cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

LINK

Love this stick, I wish I had the money, maybe one of you does!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

This isn't really about buying/selling a stick so much as just buying parts. I was wondering if anyone happens to have an octagonal restrictor plate that they don't use. Probably a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways. Btw I have a MadCatz TE stick.

• Advertisement

This isn't really about buying/selling a stick so much as just buying parts. I was wondering if anyone happens to have an octagonal restrictor plate that they don't use. Probably a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways. Btw I have a MadCatz TE stick.

If this is an octogate your talking about for the joystick then yes I do, Got a TE last week with an octogate in it and I replaced it with a four gate so I still have it lying here,

Advertisement