Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The TE is a great stick. Can't go wrong with it really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Haven't played on a TE I didn't like myself.

At the TE price bracket it really just comes down to personal preference. I think the Horis, Qanbas, and TE's are all nice and perform great. My favourite shape for a stick is probably a round 1 TE, my favourite functionality is the Qanba.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Better functionality on Qanba ? How so ?

recnib wrote: »
    Better functionality on Qanba ? How so ?

The Qanba works on PS3, PC, and XBOX all as standard. One stick works on all three platforms. With most other sticks you have to mod them to do that (tricky) or buy separate ones for each platform (pricey).

That's not an issue if you just intend to play on one system at home, but if you play on different systems, or travel to tourneys/events/mate's houses it's very handy to have.

Oh cool, the only stick I've had has been a Datel Arcade Pro, it did the same thing but it broke, not a very good stick :P Thats another thing, if im not being violent, can i trust either of them to last a long time ?

• Advertisement

Oh cool, the only stick I've had has been a Datel Arcade Pro, it did the same thing but it broke, not a very good stick :P Thats another thing, if im not being violent, can i trust either of them to last a long time ?

They tend to be of much, much higher build quality, and even if something goes wrong with the sticks or buttons they're actually designed so you can pop new ones in easily.

Oh very good :) I was looking in to the TEs but now that i have this info about Qanba maybe ill get one of them, for playing on other consoles as ye said :) Im mainly Xbox though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Please tell me you kept the broken Datel stick...

I did Kiki why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The circuit board inside the Datel sticks can be modded into other sticks so you can use them on PS3/Xbox360.
    Most people buy the Datel sticks just to take the PCB out and throw away the rest.

• Advertisement

I did Kiki why ?

Hopefully, he wants the pcb to repair my VSHG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I read somewhere those Datel PCB's are now rollixed after XBL live update?

I dunno, if i move it around and move the wire, it will work if i have it in a certain way, its strange, but maybe that could be it

Ramza wrote: »
    Selling my old PS3 TE I have no use for anymore...Willing to split i.e., parts, case, shell, plexi etc etc

Hey ramza. I put a reply on your ad. I'm looking for a square gate. Can we work something out? I should be at casuals this sat if you're planning to go, or am happy to do via post/PayPal if that doesn't suit?

I read somewhere those Datel PCB's are now rollixed after XBL live update?
    AFAIK they should be ok, the update is supposed to only bollix a few 3rd-party wireless pads.

Quick FYI for anybody with a Qanba Q4 who finds the start button awkwardly placed or at risk of being pressed during play, as discussed a while back in this thread. I just modded my Q4 by putting a semitsu LS-55 joystick spring inside a Semitsu PS-14-DN white screw-in button and replacing the stock pop in Sanwa pop-in 24mm white button with that. The spring fits inside the button easily without any cutting or modification and makes it a LOT stiffer to push.

The mod cost me about €4 to do, I got the parts from gremlin solutions in the UK (same place I got the stick from) and the start button is now much MUCH stiffer than the fire buttons. There's not a chance of it engaging by accident.

Seimitsu LS-xx spring should cost you less than a euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Qanba Q4

Ever so slightly off topic, but the Qanba Q4 currently in my possession seems to randomly turn on and off turbo, but only for medium kick.

I wasn't aware it even had turbo, so I don't know how to 100% turn it off.

Have you tried plugging it out & back in again? :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Seimitsu LS-xx spring should cost you less than a euro...

I only know of one place in EU that sells them for that, arcadeshop.de, and they charge 7 or 8 quid for postage on small items, and are slow enough to deliver which is a pain. Are you getting them for a euro around here somewhere and if so, where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Ever so slightly off topic, but the Qanba Q4 currently in my possession seems to randomly turn on and off turbo, but only for medium kick.

I wasn't aware it even had turbo, so I don't know how to 100% turn it off.
    The Button beside the home button is turbo to turn it off just hold in turbo and press the button that has turbo enabled

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    The Button beside the home button is turbo to turn it off just hold in turbo and press the button that has turbo enabled

Cheers, but there's two buttons beside "Xbox" labelled "back" and "start".

Is one of them also turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Cheers, but there's two buttons beside "Xbox" labelled "back" and "start".

Is one of them also turbo?
    On mine they're 4 buttons up the top like this maybe it's not the q4 you have ?q4black.jpg

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    On mine they're 4 buttons up the top like this maybe it's not the q4 you have ?

Ah thanks, you are indeed correct. I have no idea what fightstick it is then, but it certainly isn't the one pictured :pac:

You can turn the turbo off by holding in one of the start/back/xbox buttons and pressing the button. I dunno which one, give it a go with all three. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You can turn the turbo off by holding in one of the start/back/xbox buttons and pressing the button. I dunno which one, give it a go with all three. :pac:

Yeah I managed that a few times, but it always turns itself back on.

Weird stick.

Nevermind, I'll be returning it soon enough anyway.

Never had any issue with that myself, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Ah thanks, you are indeed correct. I have no idea what fightstick it is then, but it certainly isn't the one pictured :pac:

the stick in the pic is the Q4 RAF(i have one:D), so you very well may have a Q4, there different sticks, the RAF is dual modded which beast,
    i dont think the Q4 has that, or does they?

the stick in the pic is the Q4 RAF(i have one:D), so you very well may have a Q4, there different sticks, the RAF is dual modded which beast,
    i dont think the Q4 has that, or does they?

The one in the pic is dual modded- observe the multiple button names for xbox and Ps3.

SHERLOCK DOOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The one in the pic is dual modded- observe the multiple button names for xbox and Ps3.

SHERLOCK DOOM

If you'll read closely Watson then you'll find that that's exactly what he said.

Advertisement