Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Well, I have FINALLY finished my first artwork for my TE fightstick. I'm not sure yet where to get it printed, either locally or with Art Hong in the US. The main theme as you've probably guessed is that each slant represents each of the last 3 parts of Akira's new Teirou Kanpo mixup move. The white slants I'm not really sure what to do with them, they somehow make it look odd but after removing them, the images in them kind of looked silly on their own so I just kept them in the end. Anyway, here it is:

3Tone_Akira_Fightstick_zpsb6105f4f.png

Oh and the white and blue rings around the joystick are there just because I'm a Sega fanboy :D

Has anyone here ordered TE Plexis from Gremlin Solutions? http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/madcatzclearplexicover.htm. After checking shipping, it works out slightly cheaper (like $1 or something :pac:) than what Art is offering. Though I still have to find a place to print artwork and with Art, it's easier to just get the plexi and artwork in the one go.

I also came across these guys in France (http://www.leshoparcade.com/fiche_produit_1395_produit_Plexiglas%20custom%20pour%20MADCATZ%20T.E) but they're shipping charges are ridiculous! €19! It's cheaper to get it from Art in the US!

I've made a couple of variations to the artwork and made a new one. I got rid of the white slants but I guess the images look ok without them. I've also made a white variant of it too. I think I might go with my newer one though. Much prefer the simplicity of it.

Anyway, here they are:

th_3Tone_Akira_Fightstick_NoSlant_zps97816092.png

th_3Tone_Akira_FightstickW_zps45633e33.png

th_Fightstick_AkiraPortrait_zps3444c67c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've made a couple of variations to the artwork and made a new one. I got rid of the white slants but I guess the images look ok without them. I've also made a white variant of it too. I think I might go with my newer one though. Much prefer the simplicity of it.

Anyway, here they are:

th_3Tone_Akira_Fightstick_NoSlant_zps97816092.png

th_3Tone_Akira_FightstickW_zps45633e33.png

th_Fightstick_AkiraPortrait_zps3444c67c.png
    Third one is best.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah third one easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Since we're throwing these in here, got my own piece of artwork for my HRAP V3. Will make up a light Balrog version for my VX when I get some time.

EvilRyuAEHRAPVSeriesTemplate.png

That said, one of the things I actually really appreciate about the V series is they don't have a giant piece of game-related artwork splashed across the whole thing. Only putting these on because the original tops have been scratched to ****. I dunno what the hell my brother was getting up to with my VX online, but it doesn't seem natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Well I put them both up for sale. I'll probably keep whichever doesn't sell first (the Hori, because lets face it, the TE should move first).

Asked for €80 for TE, but anyone on here wants it, they get it for less.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/ps3-arcade-sticks/2758905

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

For some reason im finding myself playing a lot more fighting games recently. Dont know if its just the pick up and play or the throw back to my youth but anyway I'm now looking for a fight stick or arcade type stick that I can use on both my playstation 2 and xbox 360.

Games I play (badly i might add) are:

PS2:
    Tekken tag (on the look out for tekken 5)
    Soul caliber 2

Xbox:

Street fighter 4
    KOF viii

Would like to be able to use it for shumps as well from ps2 and 360.

Thanks.

For some reason im finding myself playing a lot more fighting games recently. Dont know if its just the pick up and play or the throw back to my youth but anyway I'm now looking for a fight stick or arcade type stick that I can use on both my playstation 2 and xbox 360.

PS2:
    Soul caliber 2

Xbox:

Street fighter 4
    KOF viii

Thanks.
    Best option would be to look out for a Hori Namco stick:
    namco-stick.jpg

But I'm not 100% sure where you can find one right now. Could try the SRK Trading Outlet: http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/trading-outlet
    Also, any PS2 Hori Real Arcade Pro.

A PS2-to-360 adapter would then run $10-20.

The expensive option would be to buy any stick & mod it with a PS360+ board and Playstation cable, but that's $75 for those two bits alone.

I have Tekken 4 & 5 if you're interested.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Best option would be to look out for a Hori Namco stick:
    namco-stick.jpg

But I'm not 100% sure where you can find one right now. Could try the SRK Trading Outlet: http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/trading-outlet
    Also, any PS2 Hori Real Arcade Pro.

A PS2-to-360 adapter would then run $10-20.

The expensive option would be to buy any stick & mod it with a PS360+ board and Playstation cable, but that's $75 for those two bits alone.

I have Tekken 4 & 5 if you're interested.

Ok so the namco one seems to be the one to get. I heard that on the retro games site too but they're rare enough and go for big money from what I have seen.

And any other "fight stick" I've seen are big bucks too including that PS2 Hori Real Arcade Pro.

Is there no other cheaper options at all. I'm all in for you get what you pay for but I really wanted to pay less than 80quid if I'm honest.
    I'm flakey when it comes to playin computer games. I have gotten bored of fighting games again in a months time so dont want to spend big bucks if possible.

Lastly I could be interested in tekken 4 and 5 if the price is right. PM with what you want for them and we'll see.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Ok so the namco one seems to be the one to get. I heard that on the retro games site too but they're rare enough and go for big money from what I have seen.

And any other "fight stick" I've seen are big bucks too including that PS2 Hori Real Arcade Pro.

Is there no other cheaper options at all. I'm all in for you get what you pay for but I really wanted to pay less than 80quid if I'm honest.
    I'm flakey when it comes to playin computer games. I have gotten bored of fighting games again in a months time so dont want to spend big bucks if possible.

Lastly I could be interested in tekken 4 and 5 if the price is right. PM with what you want for them and we'll see.

Cheers.
    The only other option I can think of right now is the Mayflash Universal stick (PC/PS2/PS3), but it's not too great - check this write-up here.
    I'm also not sure if plays nice with PS2-to-360 converters.

PS2:
    Soul caliber 2

Xbox:

Street fighter 4
    KOF viii

Thanks.

Well, if you're on a budget, I'm afraid you couldn't get a modern arcade stick that works on X360 and PS2. The cheapest way I'd assume you could go with is to buy this and then it would have to be modded with a TE Kitty circuit board made by Toodles or like Kiki said, Akihabara's PS360+. For PS2 functionality, the casing of the stick would have to be drilled slightly to mount the Neutrik Jack though it's very minor drilling so quite easy to do and then make and connect an RJ45-PS2/PSX cable to the jack which then the other end goes to your PS2.

To get down to actual cost, you're looking at roughly €145 or €165 if you don't want to do the mod yourself.

Thinking about it, it might actually be cheaper to buy 2 separate arcade sticks for each system. Alternatively, you could just buy an X360 arcade stick and get this converter, that'll work out MUCH less money.

Thinking about it, it might actually be cheaper to buy 2 separate arcade sticks for each system. Alternatively, you could just buy an X360 arcade stick and get this converter, that'll work out MUCH less money.
    The converter only works to make PS2 sticks/pads work on Xbox 360, NOT the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I only play fighting games sparingly, but decided to take the plunge and have ordered a new stick. I've never used one before, and I wanted to get something dual modded, most games I have are on PS3, but I'm okay on a pad with that, but Xbox pad play really isn't an option.

Now, just under 24 hours after ordering I'm getting cold feet. All told, the order for a Q4RAF plus shipping is around €180 - and my concern is that I might not use it after a while.

With a stick like that, what kind of resale value would it have if I am looking to sell it on, and how difficult would it be to find a buyer?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

raze wrote: »
    I only play fighting games sparingly, but decided to take the plunge and have ordered a new stick. I've never used one before, and I wanted to get something dual modded, most games I have are on PS3, but I'm okay on a pad with that, but Xbox pad play really isn't an option.

Now, just under 24 hours after ordering I'm getting cold feet. All told, the order for a Q4RAF plus shipping is around €180 - and my concern is that I might not use it after a while.

With a stick like that, what kind of resale value would it have if I am looking to sell it on, and how difficult would it be to find a buyer?

I've not bought a second hand Qanba before, but I'd be happy paying between 100-120 for one in good nick, knowing getting one is about 180 quid overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I've not bought a second hand Qanba before, but I'd be happy paying between 100-120 for one in good nick, knowing getting one is about 180 quid overall.

Thanks Doom. That's less of a drop than I thought since the 180 price breaks down as stick 115, total shipping and taxes 65.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hrdasciistickv2.jpg

anyone know anything about this stick?
    what ya say the possibility of me being able to sanwa it up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Hey folks, I'm looking to buy a decent dual-modded stick, or failing that to dual mod a stick myself. Can anyone recommend a good dual mod stick I can buy?

JustShon wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm looking to buy a decent dual-modded stick, or failing that to dual mod a stick myself. Can anyone recommend a good dual mod stick I can buy?

Qanba Q4 3-in-1 here: http://gremlinsolutions.co.uk/the-qanba-shop.php

Thanks man, looks like a really solid stick, definitely saving up for one of those.

• Advertisement

Are these backward compatible with Playstation 2 by any chance?

I'm on the look out for an old Namco arcade stick, you know the one with the yellow buttons and stick but they're very hard to come by.

Are these backward compatible with Playstation 2 by any chance?

I'm on the look out for an old Namco arcade stick, you know the one with the yellow buttons and stick but they're very hard to come by.
    Nope. :o

hrdasciistickv2.jpg

anyone know anything about this stick?

Meant to reply to this a lot sooner LOL

Probably very hard to Sanwa-ize. The stick is most likely a Sanwa JLF-clone (can you take a pic of the insides?) so you could put new microswitches & spring in and call it a day. Adding an actual arcade stick would be hard due to the plastic top shell, and IDK how small the overall body is.

As for the buttons, I'm gonna guess that either they're using rubber membrane contacts, or soldered-in microswitches.
    IF the buttons are 24mm diameter, you might be able to replace them with Sanwa OBSF-24.

I can't speak for the TE specifically but my crappy stick still works.

The post I was replying to is apparently not here? Or I was looking at the wrong page or something, ignore this.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Yeah, I'd say 90% chance of membrane contacts. Possibly rubber contacts on the stick, as well. It look very thin, so getting a Sanwa stick in there may be a problem maybe not, you'd have to measure it. Another issue is the bank of switches up on top of it; I'm guessing they're turbos. Since you can't use the existing circuit board if they're rubber membranes (well, you could but it'd be a real pain in the arse), you might need to hook up all those turbos if you want to use the existing PCB. At that point, it would be easier to rip everything out and use a PS360+ board, which means you're pretty much building a stick from scratch, anyway.

All of that depends on what that thing looks like on the inside and its dimensions, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

It's going to be difficult, but I'd say it's definitely possible. Someone here in Belfast took this:

ArcadeStick.JPG

which looks a lot smaller than the one you're looking to mod, and turned it into this:

Picture3420.jpg

ok so my qanba stick been acting the fool for the last month or so.
    the neutral position is CRAZY loose but tension returns when i try input a direction.
    from info on a thread on srk that the spring isnt the problem it seems to be the pivot cylinder is the issue.
    hopefully the part it pivots on isnt a issue aswell or prob be best buying new joystick altogether :(

does have one have a JLF pivot cylinder i could buy off them?
    or a europe based site that stocks them?

ok so my qanba stick been acting the fool for the last month or so.
    the neutral position is CRAZY loose but tension returns when i try input a direction.
    from info on a thread on srk that the spring isnt the problem it seems to be the pivot cylinder is the issue.
    hopefully the part it pivots on isnt a issue aswell or prob be best buying new joystick altogether :(

does have one have a JLF pivot cylinder i could buy off them?
    or a europe based site that stocks them?
    Pivot should last years.

Pivot should last years.

well stick bout 2 years old and has seen alot of use and alot of instant air projectiles lol.
    people in the thread with same problems also said there jlf was 2 years old.
    were describing exact issues im having also.

if its not the pivot,any other suggestions? :confused:
    its 100% not the spring,that i know for sure

• Advertisement

well stick bout 2 years old and has seen alot of use and alot of instant air projectiles lol.
    people in the thread with same problems also said there jlf was 2 years old.
    were describing exact issues im having also.

if its not the pivot,any other suggestions? :confused:
    its 100% not the spring,that i know for sure
    Just get a new JLF in that case. Less annoying than figuring out which parts to replace TBH

Advertisement