Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just get a new JLF in that case. Less annoying than figuring out which parts to replace TBH

yea prob best to do that alright.less hassle in the long run.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You're not allowed sell a PSN account, so we'd have no comeback if the content was lost or you decided to deactivate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You're not allowed sell a PSN account, so we'd have no comeback if the content was lost or you decided to deactivate it.

Good to know I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody fancy selling a stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chub123

RasTa wrote: »
    Anybody fancy selling a stick?

I have a a hori fs3 for ps3 if your still interested. It was only used once, also selling street fighter 4 with it.

• Advertisement

chub123 wrote: »
    I have a a hori fs3 for ps3 if your still interested. It was only used once, also selling street fighter 4 with it.

Cheers but I'm after a TE, QRAF or something modded with sanwa parts. Dual preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I have a TE Round 2 i'm selling the stick is pretty much unused in new condition, I'm in or around galway/mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

So how much do the sticks go for these days - namely SE and TE ? I've had a modded SE that worked great, although the surface was too small... which is why i'd like to get a TE. I bought the SE for around 20 euros which was a great deal at the time (couple of years back)

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I have a TE Round 2 i'm selling the stick is pretty much unused in new condition, I'm in or around galway/mayo

How much and console?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

How much and console?
    Xbox and around €80

• Advertisement

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Xbox and around €80

Price yay! console nay sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Price yay! console nay sadly.

It's very easy to dual mod an Xbox TE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jhax

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a TE. Just wondering for those of you who bought yours new where did you get it from. I'm struggling to find a seller other than amazon who are charging crazy amounts for it. Any suggestions. Also anyone selling a TE or even a SE in Dublin area let me know I'll gladly take it off your hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jhax wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a TE. Just wondering for those of you who bought yours new where did you get it from. I'm struggling to find a seller other than amazon who are charging crazy amounts for it. Any suggestions. Also anyone selling a TE or even a SE in Dublin area let me know I'll gladly take it off your hands :)
    I spotted 2 sticks on Adverts.ie -- 1 Soulcalibur V TE, and 1 SFxT VS stick (which is slightly bigger).

*edit*
    Or consider a Qanba Q4 from Gremlin UK: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/the-qanba-shop.php
    (they also seem to have a new site: http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/QanBa/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Can't find these ads on adverts.ie - what are the keywords you use to find them?

EDIT: NVM, didn't know people use "fight stick" and not "arcade stick"...

just thought id check here first,
    any of our custom stick builder people have any black rimmed sanwas obsf-30s about they dont need?
    (doesnt really matter what plunger or if microswitch there just as long tabs ok)
    need from 1-6

have fulll set 6 white sanwas if thats takes your fancy more than cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

just thought id check here first,
    any of our custom stick builder people have any black rimmed sanwas obsf-30s about they dont need?
    (doesnt really matter what plunger or if microswitch there just as long tabs ok)
    need from 1-6

have fulll set 6 white sanwas if thats takes your fancy more than cash.
    I have 7.
    Can do swap or sell (your choice).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I have 7.
    Can do swap or sell (your choice).

ah kiki ya legend,
    ill drop ya a pm now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ah kiki ya legend,
    ill drop ya a pm now :D

I'll pay 2x the amount just because

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll pay 2x the amount just because

jack-nicholson-flip-off.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I didn't know where to put this porst so i put it here but i need advice on what stick i should get.Some people have said to get a hori stick and some people have told me to save up for a qanba and i just need help deciding

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Which Hori? Generally speaking, it is better to just get something with Sanwa or Semitsu parts.

Personally, I like to mod things and if you ever wanted to try different parts etc. Hori are often a little more difficult to do this with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Almost everyone in the scene has a Madcatz TE, which is made with Sanwa parts.

If you're going to be showing up to events without a stick, just ask a few people if you can try theirs, and then see which you like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

anything with sanwa parts for now.. and if you see something differant you like along the way or just dont like the way it feels in comparison to others you may come across.. then just upgrade when you want

the cheap hori ones can be a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Qanba's are pretty much the same as Madcatz sticks same parts and all. But what makes them worth the higher price is that they come dual modded out of the box meaning that they can play on 360/PS3/PC. If you play multiple games then I would recommend getting one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danskulz

Hey guys I'm looking for a madcatz TE stick for either Xbox or ps3 anyone know of anyone selling one that could link me on would be great ty

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

where you based

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danskulz

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Kanped wrote: »
    Which Hori? Generally speaking, it is better to just get something with Sanwa or Semitsu parts.

Personally, I like to mod things and if you ever wanted to try different parts etc. Hori are often a little more difficult to do this with.

People have told me to get the cheap hori to learn how to use a fight stick and then get a better stick like a mad catz or a quanba

I'll probably get a quanba cuz of the dual mod but i don't know if i should get a hori first and then a quanba or save up for aquanba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

SuperChar wrote: »
    People have told me to get the cheap hori to learn how to use a fight stick and then get a better stick like a mad catz or a quanba

I'll probably get a quanba cuz of the dual mod but i don't know if i should get a hori first and then a quanba or save up for aquanba

Getting a crap stick first and good stick later is a crazy waste of money, ignore whoever gave you that advice.

The only reason to not get a good stick immediately is if you think you won't like playing on stick, and that can be remedied FOR FREE by going to a casuals or tournament and asking to try out some people's sticks, which everyone will be totally willing to do.

People in the scene have a massive variety of sticks, so you can even see which of the TE/Qanba/Hori you like the best

Advertisement