Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Anyone sellin a stick? I need one for PC/PS3. Something that will work on ps4 would be great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Selling my current stick as I've purchased a new one that should arrive shortly

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/madcatz-soul-calibur-v-xbox-360-arcade-stick/5044521

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

posted on our page too to see if there was any interest.. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

urbanledge wrote: »

Not sure I could bring that to tournaments :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I see some people talking about these sites on twitter, so I just wanted to pop them in the topic for general use, and see if the stick builders have any thoughts

www.simplecase.org
    Only sells custom stick cases, no innards (New orders "temporarily disabled")

http://focusattack.com/
    Only sells innards (and having a sale this weekend)

my buddy tomas is building 4 from scratch at the moment.. hopefully well have them on show at our next event. 27th april..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I see some people talking about these sites on twitter, so I just wanted to pop them in the topic for general use, and see if the stick builders have any thoughts

www.simplecase.org
    Only sells custom stick cases, no innards (New orders "temporarily disabled")

http://focusattack.com/
    Only sells innards (and having a sale this weekend)

just to add, www.slagcoin.com is a good resource for learning how to build your own stick

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

anyone any input about this stick? I'm wondering even what the cost of custom duty would be too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270859486919&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Hygro wrote: »
    anyone any input about this stick? I'm wondering even what the cost of custom duty would be too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270859486919&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

If it were me, I probably wouldn't. No information on what parts are used or anything. Looks like a homemade job.

• Advertisement

If it were me, I probably wouldn't. No information on what parts are used or anything. Looks like a homemade job.

Cheers Doctor, I'll pass on it so. Haven't got much money to spend though so I think I'll just continue to search and hopefully come across a couple of PS2 sticks for under a ton!

Cheers Doctor, I'll pass on it so. Haven't got much money to spend though so I think I'll just continue to search and hopefully come across a couple of PS2 sticks for under a ton!

Honestly you might be better off asking in arcade and retro or asking kiki here- most of us don't have much experience with PS2 sticks.

Except I know the namco stick is supposed to be the bomb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I bought a namco arcade stick a year or so ago for 60euro odd on ebays Italian site. Perfect for ps2 stuff. Plus you can get adapters for hooking it up for ps3 or 360 for the likes of street fighter 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.adverts.ie/4927477

One of the best Playstation sticks you can buy.

been holding off buying this for some time..

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/4927477

One of the best Playstation sticks you can buy.

Yeah, I've been looking at that, but it's out of my price range methinks...

Yeah, I've been looking at that, but it's out of my price range methinks...

4C179A3E-2A2A-47E6-8970-D561B2134625-2685-000004643769637F.jpg

Here's mine. Well worth looking for. I was lucky to mine for a decent price around 60euro on eBay Italy. Had to wait a bit for that though and lost a few auctions on the way. Worth it in the end though as mines mint, especially for a stick made in 1996!!

What size are these Namco sticks by the way, weight and dimensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I couldn't find exact dimensions but if you're familiar with one of these:

cKQXkPjl.jpg

the Namco Arcade Stick is a bit smaller.

Yreval wrote: »
    I couldn't find exact dimensions but if you're familiar with one of these:

cKQXkPjl.jpg

the Namco Arcade Stick is a bit smaller.

and more yellow. :-)

• Advertisement

and what dimensions are they? :)

I can only find what I think are the box dimensions (14.5 x 10.5 x 6.1 inches).

My phone is acting up a bit so I'm not sure if these a right either ... 7.50" x 5.30" x 0.60"??

urbanledge wrote: »

Price drop on this lads!
    Grab yourself a bargain!
    Sanwa sticks and buttons in it and all

400 blips:eek:

Jesus, that's amazing value ... if only I had the money ... and the room!!

hmmmm no space for another.. :/

Naomi now sold,
    Gone to good home too I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 christov9

Hi all. I'm selling my MK9 PDP Tournament Edition stick.

It's a beautiful stick and served me well during the MK days...(when that's all I would play.)

I'll be honest the button layout isn't for everyone but while it would seem awkward for other fighting games, a bit of custom button mapping and getting used to and it works a treat - but still, if it's your 1st fightstick I wouldn't advise it over a standard 8 button layout stick.

It's PS3 and PC compatible. Also I'm in Northern Ireland, which might be a bit far out for most, but if you are genuinely interested, get in touch and we might be able to work something out, my contact details are on the gumtree post. (Sorry, ads.ie wouldn't send me a verification code in order to post my stick there.)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/mortal-kombat-pdp-tournament-edition-fight-stick/1058146210

hey guys, I'm about to receive a PS3 sf4 TE stick. Do people play on ps3 (xgc meetups, tournaments) or should I get a x360 mod? I've got a ps3 disc as well btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Simon_K wrote: »
    hey guys, I'm about to receive a PS3 sf4 TE stick. Do people play on ps3 (xgc meetups, tournaments) or should I get a x360 mod? I've got a ps3 disc as well btw

dual mod always handy to have but for what consoles games are played on at xgc etc

MK,injustice,blazeblue generally played on ps3
    marvel and streetfighter generally played on 360

I'm mostly a street fighter player. Do people use dual modded sticks or x360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Simon_K wrote: »
    I'm mostly a street fighter player. Do people use dual modded sticks or x360?

both really, few people have qanba q4rafs and few people have modded there sticks to be dual mod, dunno if the x360 is the main one used or not though.

Advertisement