Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

gamergod wrote: »
    selling a stick
    selling a mad catz street fight tournament edition fight stick round 2for the xbox 360. Price is 200 but will negotiate. Its in very good condition and comes in original box. This is a really top stick and very hard to find nowadays. it up on adverts.ie under accsessories in the console and game section if any ones interested.

I'll give you my dreamcast and some burnt snk fighting games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Price is 200

LOL. Is it made of solid gold?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

will be throwing in a blazblue continium shift extend collectors edition with it.

I was interested until you said this

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I bought my TE for 80 euros (60 + 20 tax), got it modded with ps360 and replaced buttons. The final price would be around 150.

Why are you asking 200 for a vanilla TE, when even qanbas go for less and are better in every way (except nostalgia)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gamergod

because they are going for a lot more on ebay and amazon marketplace. 200 is not set in stone make an offer and I will think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

because they are going for a lot more on ebay and amazon marketplace. 200 is not set in stone make an offer and I will think about it.

I suppose your main issue there is that you're trying to sell it to an audience of people who know their stuff in this area, and know when they're getting gouged a little. If you're set on selling a R2 TE for anything more than €100, you'd probably be best going to adverts.ie or something similar, where you might catch someone who doesn't know what they're doing off guard. :P

Do you know where you can get a good arcade stick for 100euros and if you do let me know.
    I would be very happy to pay that much. In my experience and I own three other sticks, good arcade sticks don't come that cheap so if you know anybody selling a good ps3 arcade stick for 100 euros I would be more than happy to buy it off them.

I bought mine for 80. You just have to look outside Ireland.

In my experience and I've imported two sticks by the time you include import fee for a good stick and I stress good stick your talking between 140 to 200 depending on the stick. What stick did you get for 80 euros and where did you get it.

• Advertisement

They don't ship that stick to the republic and I've tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

if you know anybody selling a good ps3 arcade stick for 100 euros I would be more than happy to buy it off them.

Here you go, €105 shipped. Special thanks to Google and the 5secs of my time it took to find it.

http://store.gameshark.net/Mad_Catz_Arcade_FightStick_PRO_for_PlayStation3/5623/291

cheers for the link.

They ship to Ireland via parcel motel.

I got my stick on ebay, imported from US because I was too lazy to wait for another EU auction to end.

@Rob2D

It's less than that. There's a code that lowers the price to around 50 pounds. Then you pick UK delivery and get it via Parcel Motel.

And there you go, new stick for 67 euros. If I haven't already modded mine, I'd have bought it in an instant, as the price is only going to increase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

looking for a stick for xbox one any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nutrient wrote: »
    thanks

Wow 218 euro. Are there any other cheaper options?

Some dude is selling his PS3 TE round 2 stick for 50 quid on facebook group - UK Fighting Games

Simon_K wrote: »
    Some dude is selling his PS3 TE round 2 stick for 50 quid on facebook group - UK Fighting Games
    Probably gone by now ?

Probably yeah, check here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKFGC/

• Advertisement

Simon_K wrote: »
    Probably yeah, check here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKFGC/
    Aye, request is still pending.
    I'm a big group just called "ultra street fighter IV" and the irish FGC group which is pretty slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Looking to buy a Datel Stick Pro(or the similar incarnations). Any working condition will do, but it needs to have working turbo, start, home, select buttons. Can't seem to find them new anymore, amazon says they're currently unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mackmatic

Story lads, in cex stillorgan today looking for a fight stick. Chap in there told me to post here and ask.

Looking for a cheapish first stick. Under 100 could probably be done. Any advice on a first stick would help too, would prefer 8 buttons and be somewhat durable. Been searching adverts and any shops I could think of with no luck.

I only play usf4 on 360, fairly average but been playing since sf4 and wouldn't mind getting better. Hoping there's somewhere I haven't tried and someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mackmatic wrote: »
    Story lads, in cex stillorgan today looking for a fight stick. Chap in there told me to post here and ask.

Looking for a cheapish first stick. Under 100 could probably be done. Any advice on a first stick would help too, would prefer 8 buttons and be somewhat durable. Been searching adverts and any shops I could think of with no luck.

I only play usf4 on 360, fairly average but been playing since sf4 and wouldn't mind getting better. Hoping there's somewhere I haven't tried and someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

If you've been playing with a pad for 4/5 I don't think getting a stick is going to help all that much. You'd have to relearn basic motions and combos which means you have less focus on the mind games and other more important parts of the game.

I would say your best bet is to try get to casuals or events and just play more. Try the irc chat we have so you can get games and some advice afterwards.

Orim wrote: »
    If you've been playing with a pad for 4/5 I don't think getting a stick is going to help all that much. You'd have to relearn basic motions and combos which means you have less focus on the mind games and other more important parts of the game.

I would say your best bet is to try get to casuals or events and just play more. Try the irc chat we have so you can get games and some advice afterwards.

What are casuals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

What are casuals?

It's where we meet offline to play for fun, as opposed to a tournament or competition.

It's where we meet offline to play for fun, as opposed to a tournament or competition.

Is there a thread for this? Where does this take place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Is there a thread for this? Where does this take place?

Look for the thread that says casuals, and we're in the XGC on Liffey street.
    Here's a google map to the place;
    https://www.google.ie/maps/preview?safe=off&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=ie&cid=12782442316576350108&q=Xtreme+Internet+%26+Gaming+Centre&ei=0m3PU5b5CuXB7AaP6YGQCw&ved=0CJkBEPwSMAw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Hey guys,

Looking for a simple, cheap but efficient fight stick to play SSFIVAE on Xbox (possibly get MAME on PC as well).

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Cheers in advance

Advertisement