Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft 2 or Fallout New Vegas

Options
  • 21-10-2010 4:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, at this time I have a limited budget, and I dont know which game to get first, New Vegas or Starcraft 2. I have played the fallout series (except brotherhood of steel) and Starcraft one. So should I buy New Vegas, or Starcraft 2, or save the money until the new Mechwarior or Duke Nuckem comes out? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

You'll get the best money's worth out of starcraft 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

starcraft imo, great game and you'll get loads of play out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You'll get the best money's worth out of starcraft 2.

Only if he wants to play online, theres far more game play in Fallout if he wants a single player only experience.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Starcraft II

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Petek1 wrote: »
    Hey, at this time I have a limited budget, and I dont know which game to get first, New Vegas or Starcraft 2. I have played the fallout series (except brotherhood of steel) and Starcraft one. So should I buy New Vegas, or Starcraft 2, or save the money until the new Mechwarior or Duke Nuckem comes out? Any suggestions?

If you take this course of action what will you spend the rest of the 1,000,000 you will have accrued in interest payments by then on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It depends on which you'd prefer, to be honest. They're both great games, but very different. As said above, there's no real replayability with Starcraft 2 unless you play online, in which case it would then be the one for you.

Fallout New Vegas has a lot in it, plus once the user made mods come out, there'll be loads more to do. Add to that the various ways of playing through it, you'll be able to start again and try things differently.

Think of it this way, which did you prefer, Fallout 3 or Starcraft 1? Because each of the two new games are pretty muc more of the same with added bells and whistles.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Both if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

They're nothing alike at all! Totally different games, each of which has about the same expected playtime provided you go online with Starcraft which most people will/should. If you want to try Starcraft 2, send me a PM and I'll send you one of the 7 hour demo codes that I totally forgot I had until right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

FO 1st bcoz u can trade in console games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what if he is getting new vegas for the pc? which i presume he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

what if he is getting new vegas for the pc? which i presume he is

I would assume its some childish form of a joke about how Fallout 3 and New Vegas have been dumbed down from Fallout 1+2 for the console players, well the txt spek implies it anyways. Meh.

As for your conundrum, both are polar opposites in gameplay. Single-player vs multi-player, RPG vs RTS, whichever you really want right now I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

new mechwarrior ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Jazzy wrote: »
    new mechwarrior ?

haha ya will be a good long wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jazzy wrote: »
    new mechwarrior ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-mechwarrior/52619

All that has been released on it so far.

Advertisement