Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 22-23 Oct 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

dsmythy wrote: »
    Nothing riding on the game I guess. If the lack of pressure is the reason why they performed tonight then I'd worry about them playoffs.

Sports psychology is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So, ehhhh, that was fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Map_Galway.jpg

Nice to see the Drogs joining in the celebrations after they copped on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Galways fans didnt seem too upset either

Might have to drop that old "noone likes us" song :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »

Nice to see the Drogs joining in the celebrations after they copped on :)

How the lad with his top off survived, i've no idea.

Its not so much about who's winning it, people just love it when another team throw it away. Im sure the same fans were celebrating when we fúcked it up last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They celebrated the Bohs equaliser at 2-2 when the game at Tallaght was 0-0. When the 3-2 scoreline came through at 2-0 in Tallaght, they sang along with Bohs going bust as it might get them into the playoff :)

I'd say that was one looooooooooooooong drive home to Dublin from Galway tonight...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Super result for us tonight. Beat Waterford next week and we're in the playoffs. Huge game now, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

What a finish to the two top leagues in the LOI. All to play for next week. There must be 10 or more teams not knowing their fate until then. What a way to finish the season. I for one am not looking forward to when its all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Crazy stuff tonight. Great match in Terryland.

10 points from a possible 12 against Bohs this season. If/when Rovers win the league, they owe us some kind of thank you! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

am i right in saying goal difference in the event of both team finishing level, means a play off or does goal difference count?

rte and the fai should make a huge marketing campaign now over the coming weeks for this and indeed the final. very exciting times for LOI for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Fair play to Salthill last night. They've given themselves a chance of avoiding the relegation playoff. Who would have thought that 4 months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

am i right in saying goal difference in the event of both team finishing level, means a play off or does goal difference count?

rte and the fai should make a huge marketing campaign now over the coming weeks for this and indeed the final. very exciting times for LOI for a change.

Goal difference counts yeah, Bohs would need to win by 4 if Rovers can manage a draw at the Carlisle. Bray only holds 3000 so not much point in a media blitz, Rovers could sell that out in 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good Jaysus. I sound like the late Ronnie Drew this morning. Never saw that coming.

Still have to get a result against Bray though. That said, they'll surely want to keep their players fresh for the play-off.

Fair play to the travelling Drogs last night. Made the trip and kept the flag up. Hope you come back up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »

Fair play to the travelling Drogs last night. Made the trip and kept the flag up. Hope you come back up soon.

They wont exist soon.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They wont exist soon.

Heard they were in bad shape but not that bad. Don't want to see any more clubs go under.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mervue win 2-1.

No bottle in this country at all this season. Every team has slipped up in the past two weeks in both divisions.

First (and last?) time ever that three Galway clubs have won LOI matches on the same weekend.

First (and last?) time ever that three Galway clubs have won LOI matches on the same weekend.

Imagine the odds for a bet....

stovelid wrote: »
    Imagine the odds for a bet....

It would've been about 1700/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What a result on Friday night for the Reds.

Bring on Waterford. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement