Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management Fees

Options
  • 21-10-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking for advice on paying management fees please.
    First of all, I have no problem paying my management fees as the area/gardens etc are kept very well. I have paid the fees every year since I moved in (even though others haven't paid a penny) without question.
    The issue I have is that the fees for my television are included in my management fees. The TV reception has always been very bad. I only had basic channels and sometimes I couldnt make out a picture at all. The bad reception then became unwatchable. Every channel is so fuzzy you can’t make out sound or picture. So I got a Sky box installed.
    When paying the management fee last year I didn’t include the amount for the TV. I figure why would I pay for a service I am not receiving? And then also pay separately for Sky? I received notification that this year’s fees are now due and I have been asked to pay the full amount this year as well as the amount I left out last year.
    They stated that the TV has a better reception now (because the mast has been moved) and as it isn’t possible to tell which house is using the TV they want everyone to pay equally. I have checked my TV and the reception has not improved, it is still completely unwatchable.
    Any suggestions of what I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can't select what part of management fees you want to pay and what you don't want to pay. It's not how it works.

You need to pay the full fee.

With regards to your TV reception problems, you need to get together with other unit owners who have the same issues, and continue to escalate the problems through your management agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's like saying I always use the stairs so I'm not paying for lift maintenance. It doesn't work like that. We pay for window cleaning even though they don't clean ground floor windows and we clean them ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Audskennedy

Does anyone if you get a discount for Managment fees if you are on the dole? Ive just heard I am losing my job and I got the bill last month.However, I am reluctant to pay it if I can obtain a discount or dodge it completely as I will need the money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Does anyone if you get a discount for Managment fees if you are on the dole? Ive just heard I am losing my job and I got the bill last month.However, I am reluctant to pay it if I can obtain a discount or dodge it completely as I will need the money

You will need to pay, but you could ask for a payment plan? I know my management company allows you to pay in 4 quarterly installments if you are having financial difficulty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Sorry to hear you're losing your job.
    I suggest you contact your managing agent asap and let them know what is happening. They would rather have some of the money than none. You may able to work out a payment plan and if they are a decent agency/management company they will work with you. Be warned though, read your lease, they may well be within their rights to charge you some interest.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, no and no! If you are paying fees then you are an owner. At purchase you signed documents to say you would pay your fees, a % of the budget for the development. That is your obligation. The maintenance costs for the development don't come down because you're not working, nor will your fees.

Your agent may allow you to pay in instalments but other owners and the development should not suffer due to a change in your circumstances.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances but "dodging" your legal obligations is not an option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Why should your fellow owners have to pay more because you lost your job? If everyone in the block lost their jobs who would insure the building?
    You could ask the CWO for your area for assistance.

Advertisement