Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when is all the galway takeaways going to be boarded up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

they seem to be sprouting up everywhere at the minute - chippers, kebab houses, etc.

do they not realise that very very soon people will not be going out to purchase fast food - maybe they might get the odd bag of chips at the weekend as a treat, but with more cuts coming how long will it take for these places to pack up and board up the premises.

the only one that will probably survive is Supermacs.

I agree and the sadest part of it supermacs is probably the worst

I don't see why so many people have a problem with numerous fast food joints opening, the one thing it offers is choice. Granted the food in most may not be the best in the world but you get what you pay for.

A place like Eddie Rockets may not have the best food around but when a couple can go in and get two burgers, two chips and 2 drinks for a tenner then it's hard to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

A place like Eddie Rockets may not have the best food around but when a couple can go in and get two burgers, two chips and 2 drinks for a tenner then it's hard to complain.

How in the name of monkey jesus did you get all that from Eddie 'empty-your-pockets' Rockets for a tenner? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm doing well if I walk away only spending 12 squids on a burger and shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How in the name of monkey jesus did you get all that from Eddie 'empty-your-pockets' Rockets for a tenner? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm doing well if I walk away only spending 12 squids on a burger and shake.

vouchers in advertiser since the start of summer every week or two almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

when *are all the galway takeaways going to be boarded up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Melty wrote: »

*pshaw... we has no times for grammerers when dere is the takeaways in questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Melty wrote: »

have to admit it's been bugging me too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Gamble and lose big or gamble and win big.
    That rarely applies even for the average times. Its more like gamble and lose big, or gamble and break even for a few years, hover on the edge before maybe making a few bob, while earning less than your employees, keep pushing and perhaps get there eventually. What we need is much more government support for entrepreneurs, and I mean financial support as well as a general cultural shift in government departments away from their property portfolios.
    swe_fi wrote: »
    If boards is anything to go by, the excitement in Galway around fast food, pizza, KFC etc is astonishing. There is i'd say about 10-15 threads per week about chips this or pizza that on the Galway forum.
    There may be a bit of a disproportionate level of student participation hereabouts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

anyone ever heard of a square fish? you can get this in Limerick chippers but I never saw it anywhere in Galway

mike kelly wrote: »
    anyone ever heard of a square fish? you can get this in Limerick chippers but I never saw it anywhere in Galway

haha, man that takes me back. They used to have them in Supermacs years ago. Horrible looking things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Xiney wrote: »
    Well, 86% of employable people (ie, 18-64, not students, not disabled, not SAH parents etc)

Disabled people and students work too.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Disabled people and students work too.

yes, often in fast food places so very relevant for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Ireland is one of the fattest and unhealthiest nation in the world. Fast food has increased its business if anything!
    Hell Charcoal has opened up 3 new places during the recession. Then Capital Kebab opened up within 50 yards!
    Then think of Apache Pizza, Bistro Bianconi, Burger King, Jack Gordons, Al Capones... and don't even get me started on KFC!
    KFC had the most popular thread on here for weeks, it caused traffic delays when it opened!
    OP think logically - a unhealthy person during times of stress will always turn to bad food. They are too tired to cook, too busy at home/work and see fast food as quick easy alternative to healthy food. And Brianthebard also mentioned people always thin they are cutting back but never really do; they would see a kebab and chips for €10 as 'cheap'

it would be great to see a list of all fast food places in Galway, with google maps integration. Any programmers with spare time on their hands out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I wouldn't lump Bistro Bianconi in there with the takeaways. While you can get fried grub there, I consider them similar to the Indian and better Chinese; a range of stuff in the menu. Bianconi pizzas are thin crust and heavy on the veg. They do good salads and pasta dishes too. Not diet food but it's not all 'bad for you' by a long shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

d-gal wrote: »
    Bistro Bianconi

Doesn't deserve to be on that list. Their menu is very varied and has some fantastic dished on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

mike kelly wrote: »

Most of the "Italian" style chippers have them. Reminds me of the cheap generic brand fish fingers.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Most of the "Italian" style chippers have them. Reminds me of the cheap generic brand fish fingers.

can you give me an example? I will be in Galway for Christmas and would like to test this out

Advertisement