Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest Check: Team tournament, Hallowe'en weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Bush80 wrote: »
    Well lets here it then :D

My fiance called us for dinner so he instantly hit end match without so much of a second gone by after losing 4/5 in a row...... Never in the history of playing SSF4 have we not finished out the game we were playing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Allright cool, looking forward to it. Now I just need a place to stay... *whistles*

Good man J.I.M looks like we're a team :D
    I'm sure you'll find some place to stay.
    Do you play Xbox or PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll join you AJ.

Team DryRyu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'm only available for friday if anyone wants to join the 'Team Spanking-Gorgeous'.....for an unforgettable evening.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll join you AJ.

Team DryRyu ;)

Done. But it has to be Team Anti-Doom....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll be there for sure. Think a 2v2 will be best for getting numbers(of teams).

Will we be running it as one instance of a character per team and character lock?

Speed Boat wrote: »
    I'll be there for sure. Think a 2v2 will be best for getting numbers(of teams).

Will we be running it as one instance of a character per team and character lock?

Character lock is good idea but if they want to pick the same characters, let em. imo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Good man J.I.M looks like we're a team :D
    I'm sure you'll find some place to stay.
    Do you play Xbox or PS3?

I play on a PS3 pad. No worries though, I ordered a controller converter for 360, still needs to be tested though. It should be arriving on early next week.

Oh yeah, could someone provide me a link to where this XGC is? :)

Oh yeah oh yeah, we need a team name now! Suggestions? Who do you play? I main Guy.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Directions: Get the Luas into the city from Hueston as far as Jervis, then... walk about 2 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Saturday's grand, that's the day I was sort of assuming people would want it anyway.

I want to run it as character lock and 1 of a character per team (the norm for 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments).

Anyone else have a preference on Japanese or American-style format (American = as Kiki said, P1 team A vs P1 team B, P2 vs P2, then tiebreak between the winners - Japanese is winner stays on so you can have OCVs).

Personally I prefer Japanese style but if a good few people would prefer the other way I'm happy to run it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'd prefer Japanese style, but either way is fine with me

Japanese style i think. I want to see ocvs and the associated hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Nah it ain't, trains are pretty cheap with student travel card. Plus I want to visit Dublin again, didn't really get to see it much last time since I was at Eirtakon.

Just wondering cos im from round tralee way too. 75 euro for a return to dublin, without a student card, your nearly better flying. sigh..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Train tickets are a hell of alot cheaper if you book early and online, student or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

daltronica wrote: »
    Just wondering cos im from round tralee way too. 75 euro for a return to dublin, without a student card, your nearly better flying. sigh..

You're in Tralee? Hey PM me if you wanna have some casuals this weekend or next week. I could use a little practise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I play on a PS3 pad. No worries though, I ordered a controller converter for 360, still needs to be tested though. It should be arriving on early next week.

Oh yeah, could someone provide me a link to where this XGC is? :)

Oh yeah oh yeah, we need a team name now! Suggestions? Who do you play? I main Guy.

Usually main Blanka or Ryu but I've been playing some Seth lately.
    I play Xbox.
    As for team names we should be team "probably won't win" or team "cheap booze is good news" something sh1te like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wouldnt sunday suit ? as people will be in town for halloween etc and can go out straight away ? specially ppl travelling from far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I doubt it, especially doubt people want to bring their sticks and whatever out on Hallowe'en night straight from the tournament. I'm running it on Saturday anyway.

makes sense.
    Also +1 for japenese style, OCV's

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

We want OCV's get outta here Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Anyone looking for a team mate? Team tourneys are fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

hey hey Xinkai. I'll be willing. But you prob don't want me :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I'm game if anyone needs a Deejay on their team.

Everything's better with rhythm. *

*Not actually everything

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Yeah I'm game if anyone needs a Deejay on their team.

Everything's better with rhythm. *

*Not actually everything

I have spent 5 mins trying to think of a witty comment, but I can't think of anything that is not better with rhythm. . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I've found a team-mate right after I posted

Sorry dude :(

dress up folks
    product_detailed_image_805_714.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Jap innit.

Ramza wrote: »
    I'd prefer Japanese style

Bigger HYPE innit?!