Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simply Unbelievable

Options
  • 21-10-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2010-10-19.1995.0&s=%22Telecommunications+Services.%22

Deirdre Clune asked an innocent sounding question in the Dail during the week and after the usual waffle and taking credit for others work, Minister Ryan then listed four incredible reasons for the delay in implementing the key recommendation of the Innovation Taskforce. Now that Neelie Kroes (EU Commissioner) has left Dublin he is free once again to blame the EU.

Deirdre Clune (Cork South Central, Fine Gael)
    Question 471: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources the steps his Department has taken since the publication of the Innovation Taskforce Report to act upon their key recommendation (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [37559/10]

The key recommendation of the Innovation Taskforce by the way, is this..
    Key recommendation
    Given the critical need for advanced broadband services in building a highly innovative enterprise sector, the nationwide roll-out of Next Generation Network (NGN) services, for bandwidth up to and surpassing 1Gbps, should be prioritised.

So here goes with the answer.

Eamon Ryan (Minister, Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources; Dublin South, Green Party)
    ……I was awaiting various developments prior to establishing the Taskforce including:
    i) greater clarity from the EU Commission on the regulation of next generation access;
    ii) revised guidelines from the EU Commission on State Aid for broadband;
    iii) an outline Radio Spectrum Policy Programme from the EU Commission; and
    iv) completion of the roll-out of the NBS.
    All of these developments have come to pass and I signalled earlier this month that I now propose to establish the Taskforce. The first meeting of the Taskforce will be held shortly.

Comments

Advertisement