Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Napoli v Liverpool 18.00 KO Europa League

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and thats why babel will never ever ever be a centre forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would agree with you normally....but the biggest thing lacking in this team is confidence....and a full team out tonight, set up to win the game comprehensively could have been a good confidence building exercises.

Of course if the full team got beaten by these guys, where would we be? I dont think Torres would be able to handle the physicality of Napoli right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

who was it that said left back is the most attacking position on the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Jazzy wrote: »
    and thats why babel will never ever ever be a centre forward
    Jeez, no strikers puts them all away.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Ya bllockz Babel goes around hands on head and we still have ball attacking, Come January........."Taxi for Mr Babel"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

PaulieC wrote: »
    He's right legged - how many right sided players play on the left wing? At least if he's on the right he might put in a decent cross - an aspect of his game we've rarely seen when he's on the left.

Also - we haven't seen enough of him to know he'd be as **** on the right as he is on the left....although I understand your skepticism tbf

I've seen him play 60 or 70 times at this stage. Using all knowledge I have about football, rational thinking and calculated assessment. He's as big a donkey as I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Id hook spearing now, passenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Of course if the full team got beaten by these guys, where would we be? I dont think Torres would be able to handle the physicality of Napoli right now.

And if Liverpool lose tonight....what good will that do?

If Liverpool do lose, it will only damage morale, put them under more pressure. Defence (especially Reina) would lose confidence by not keeping clean sheets.

Really think we should have gone for this ......Torres comment is a bit bizzare in my opinion....he's well used to beating physical defence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

End to end stuff now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Also I think it it was very quick reactions from the keeper to move his foot to it, but babel did give him every chance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Napoli getting a little sloppy the last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Cole about to come on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Martin Skrtel has been Liverpools best player so far this season. Having another good one tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really think we should have gone for this ......Torres comment is a bit bizzare in my opinion....he's well used to beating physical defence!

Not this season, he's not.

This game is meaningless insofar as even if we do lose we're still going to qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

cole on, bobble off, :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Cole for Babel should have been ten minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well done Joseph - pity about the cross :(

I need Ecclestone for Jovanovic...like....yesterday!!

What a turn from ngog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

no fault at all N'gog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Good from N'Gog

PaulieC wrote: »
    I need Ecclestone for Jovanovic...like....yesterday!!

We've used our 3 subs

best we've played in a while. wonder if he'd start these at the weekend.

We've used our 3 subs

Well fúck Carragher anyway :(

bluefinger wrote: »
    best we've played in a while. wonder if he'd start these at the weekend.

We've had 1 shot on target and 1 corner :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

gargano really knows how to throw his toys out of the pram

We've had 1 shot on target and 1 corner :confused:

four shots on goal and two corners. :p i suppose it's more how we're playing though and there's a noticeable absence of pissing/moaning etc.

Roy looks more annoyed now - drawing away to Napoli- than he did when he lost to Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Babel on the right as opposed to the left? What difference will it make, its like polishing a lump of sh1t, its still a lump of sh1t.:D

Or a bottle of milk!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

four shots on goal and two corners. :p i suppose it's more how we're playing though and there's a noticeable absence of pissing/moaning etc.

I think everyone's asleep :)

This is abysmal..Liverpool don't look like scoring if they were there for a couple of Europa League campaigns..N'gog has been alright.

Stupid commentator said 1 shot, 1 corner...

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Roy looks more annoyed now - drawing away to Napoli- than he did when he lost to Everton

Coz this manager isn't a mate :D

A draw and nothing serious to happen outside the ground, il take it.

Stupid commentator said 1 shot, 1 corner...

it wouldn't be the first time they'd be wrong.:)

good performance skrtel clearly MOTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

****ing hell. Roy Hodgson has won 12 away Premier League games in six season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heroic draw! Moral Victory etc. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

but babel puts fuk all away. he will never be a centre forward of any sort of decent standard

So it finishes 0-0.

Can't wait for Roy's triumphant interview where he'll probably declare it as an historic result for Liverpool and that they should have won the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Good performances from young players. No real chances...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dfx- wrote: »
    I think everyone's asleep :)

This is abysmal..Liverpool don't look like scoring if they were there for a couple of Europa League campaigns..N'gog has been alright.

I thought he was ok, seen him play better, better towards the end of the match.

Overall Meh.

The positive was seeing Shelvey get a game.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

have to say it's hilarious that the 3e commentators are trying to crowbar this half decent result (lots of mitigating factors) into their get Roy out narrative, saying "this result will have the vultures circling". how dumb do they take the supporters to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Probably the best we could have hoped for.

Shelvey played well, Aurelio's back. That's two positives.

Jazzy wrote: »
    but babel puts fuk all away. he will never be a centre forward of any sort of decent standard

Im surprised he lasted that long tonight, has he played an hour in the last 6 months?

Lovely finish v trabzon btw.

have to say it's hilarious that the 3e commentators are trying to crowbar this half decent result (lots of mitigating factors) into their get Roy out narrative, saying "this result will have the vultures circling". how dumb do they take the supporters to be?

.....yea silly alright....cos we all know that the vultures are landing...not circling!

Advertisement