Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens dry cut dublin - €5

• 21-10-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Got my hair cut yesterday in Dillons barber, about 30 metres out the quays from the hapenny bridge. Nice cut, good job. Offer is valid all week.
    Can't understand why there weren't more people in the joint tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Ellfish wrote: »

probably because they leave you with a crew cut when you asked for just a trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Is the €5 offer only if you get a hair cut like a marine? I think if they have to use a scissors they charge more. Maybe I'm wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

flanzer wrote: »
    Is the €5 offer only if you get a hair cut like a marine?
    Ellfish wrote: »
    I can't understand why people with a blade "X" all over bother going to barbers. I had a "home model" wahl for a good 15 years, recently got a professional wahl and its amazing. Even if you have it longer on top etc it is very easy to do at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

flanzer wrote: »
    Is the €5 offer only if you get a hair cut like a marine? I think if they have to use a scissors they charge more. Maybe I'm wrong?

I've not come across any barber that charges extra for using a scissors. A dry cuts a dry cut...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Jim236 wrote: »
    I've not come across any barber that charges extra for using a scissors. A dry cuts a dry cut...

The guy argued with me because i wanted a scissors cut, not a blade 5 or whatever. His point was that it would take much more of his time to cut with a Scissors. That was about a year ago, and i think it was 7 euro then, not 5.
    He used a scissors eventually, though i told him it was fine if he didnt want to cut it, i'd just go someplace else. so he just gave in. haven't been back there since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jim236 wrote: »
    One in dun laoghaire does, they have big signs up with something like "blade 0,1,2,3,4 all over €10", while the others were more. Far quicker to do the same blade all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

place in Lucan doing €5 haircust for the last couple of months. went there once, no problems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Couple of places on Talbot Street do €5 on Mon, Tues & Wednesdays.
    Run and staffed by Polish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Couple of places on Talbot Street do €5 on Mon, Tues & Wednesdays.
    Run and staffed by Polish people.

Can't recommend one of these places enough (a few stores down from Tesco towards connolly, on the same side as tesco). I'd get a blade 2 back and sides and trim on top and it's the exact same quality as I used to get from Grafton Barbers, for a quarter of the price, and much less of a queue.

It's the same price for a dry cut, regardless of the hair style (I've seen guys/gays getting far more complicated than the standard haircut). Can't recommend the place enough.

It's €5 on Mondays and Tuesdays, €7 at all other times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

dotsman wrote: »
    Can't recommend one of these places enough (a few stores down from Tesco towards connolly, on the same side as tesco). I'd get a blade 2 back and sides and trim on top and it's the exact same quality as I used to get from Grafton Barbers, for a quarter of the price, and much less of a queue.

It's the same price for a dry cut, regardless of the hair style (I've seen guys/gays getting far more complicated than the standard haircut). Can't recommend the place enough.

yes i have to agree - they are fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They used to do Wednesday's as well, must have changed it.
    Never had a bad one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

dotsman wrote: »

Personally as a gay guy I'm happy with a number two back n' sides and a scissor cut on top. Outside generalising you would probably be surprised to discover these were trendy straight lads following fashion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah the Polish place on Talbot is great, been going there for a couple of years now and never had a bad haircut. I usually just pop in on my lunch break on a Monday or Tuesday, cant go wrong for €5. This is the one I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I too can recommend Max's on Talbot St, though as a follically-challenged guy I have a pretty simple haircut (and I've actually taken to doing it myself at home recently).
    I'd get a blade 2 back and sides and trim on top and it's the exact same quality as I used to get from Grafton Barbers

that's not quite true - the Grafton is a quality experience, they give you coffee, they have lad mags to read while you wait, they'll trim your eyebrows and give you a hot towel at the end. If I actually had any hair I'd go there all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I really would go for those few quid more and go to the Grafton. I went to a few of these 5er places and it was very very hit and miss, even from the same staff just the next time. Have gotten some of the worst hair cuts that had to get cleaned up anyway cause they didnt have the skills to fix it.

Go to the Grafton places. 9 euro for students. And top top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

fiver for a haircut is good !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

s8n wrote:

That was 7 years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

s8n wrote:

7 years too late my friend. Your hair must be really long by now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement