Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Icy Box not showing on 1 of my PC's

• 21-10-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I am using an Icy box as a file and print server. I have 2 desktops and a laptop and it is not showing on one of my Pc's since this morning.

I can ping it and I get a reply but cannot seem to add it.. it's not under my network or my computer and I cannot access my Sage on this PC because of it..

Any ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does the light come on when you open the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hi Skerries,

There is no door to open, the light is on as my other two PC's are seeing it no problems.

I can ping it and get a reply, but when I go into network places it isn't there, and when I try to map a network drive it isn't there.

Up you know what creek without a paddle as our IT guy is on two weeks holidays and doesn't have anyone covering him.

I have turned everything off, taken out and put back in all cables, turned everything back on and just don't see how I can add it or get it recognised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Is the machine in the correct workgroup? Have you tried connecting to the ip?

Advertisement