Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacky, colourful, shiny shirts - where to buy them?

Options
  • 21-10-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I'm needing a few for a themed night out soon. But can't find any in town.

The more tacky the better, colours, glitter, shiny, the lot.

I've looked in:

Top Man
    Next
    Dunnes
    Pennies
    Marks & Spencers
    TK Maxx.

Nothing really in any of above.

Can anybody help please :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Too bad you weren't looking 6-8 months ago - everything in Pennies seemed to be made entirely of sequins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Libass in GSC always have tacky sh!te!

why don't you get cheap fabric from hickeys and if you know a dressmaker get them made up cheap.
    If it's only costume and for one night they don't exactly need to be tailor-made!

actually, that's a good idea: for example, button vests would be really really easy to make so they should be cheap to have made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sharonbulter

i think theres a new place in the galway shopping centre that prints t shirts, might be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

brown thomas or tommy hilfiger ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

magentas wrote: »
    Libass in GSC always have tacky sh!te

Excuse my ignorance, where is that? Never heard of it :confused:
    Xiney wrote: »
    Too bad you weren't looking 6-8 months ago - everything in Pennies seemed to be made entirely of sequins.

I know, so many times I've seen proper tack, just not when I want to buy it :D
    magentas wrote: »
    why don't you get cheap fabric from hickeys and if you know a dressmaker get them made up cheap.
    If it's only costume and for one night they don't exactly need to be tailor-made!
    Xiney wrote: »
    actually, that's a good idea: for example, button vests would be really really easy to make so they should be cheap to have made.

Might be an idea. Is that expensive?
    i think theres a new place in the galway shopping centre that prints t shirts, might be worth a look

Tried there too, no good unfortunately :(
    brown thomas or tommy hilfiger ;)

:D Yes very true, although un-intentional on their part. But waaaaay to expensive

Col200sx wrote: »
    Might be an idea. Is that expensive?

The simpler the design (and a simple button vest is very very simple), the less time the dressmaker will need - I'd say most people who know how to sew and need a few extra bob before xmas would do it for you.

note: adding sleeves will add considerably to the cost of having something made as sleeves are pretty much the hardest thing to get right (which is why they so often aren't right when you go to buy a shirt)

I'm sure Hickey's would be able to put you in touch with someone who'd sew for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I'm surprised the mods are allowing anyone to say which shops sell "tacky" clothes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

i have a function tonight would love to go wearing a tacky shiny shirt!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Getting clothes custom made costs a lot. Hickeys is really expensive too so it's hardly worth it for one night out.

My tip would be to buy a large ladies blouse in Pennys or Dunnes. If you want extra bling buy 1m of shiny fringe from hickeys and attach to the sleeves underneath (country western style) with a needle and thread (you just need to run it in and out through the blouse and fringe remembering to tie a knot in the end). You can also get glitter spray in places like Claire's that you could add even more bling with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement