Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hodgson hasn't quit. Not Yet. Not Ever!

• 21-10-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Just heard this on radio and apparantally Rikkard to take over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Frankly, Rijkaard is not the answer either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hopefully we can put this whole embarrassing affair behind us asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Warper wrote: »
    What is the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

AgileMyth wrote: »
    What is the answer?
    42?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rooney for Liverpool manager

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Rooney for Liverpool manager

He said he wanted to win trophies ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What is the answer?

I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What is the answer?

Sure for men?
    I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rijkaard is a cracking manager imo. He'll need a good director of football though to compliment his ability to get the best out of a team.

Will be nice to see Liverpool as an attacking outfit.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

PeteEd wrote: »
    He said he wanted to win trophies ffs
    Could have a decent crack at the Championship next season :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Best appointment I could possibly think of. He would at least have the team playing a nice brand of football again. His CV is not exactly poor either.

What is the source on this anyway? I really cannot see him walking this early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt this is actually the case (tonight I mean) Rightguard plus Henk Ten Cate would be an acceptable solution to the current problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gimmick wrote: »
    Best appointment I could possibly think of. He would at least have the team playing a nice brand of football again. His CV is not exactly poor either.

I'd rather win games than look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If Hodgson goes and Rightguard comes in, then we will still have a downgraded managerial situation compared to last season.

However, we will have significantly upgraded over Hodgson, and have a guy with experience of winning on the big stage. Might get us playing some fun stuff.

Would be awesome if it happens over the next week or so. In short space of time we'll have solved:

- the ownership problem;
    - the Roy Hodgson is manager problem;

Can think of moving forward from such a point. We're going nowhere at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

mike65 wrote: »
    I doubt this is actually the case (tonight I mean) Rightguard plus Henk Ten Cate would be an acceptable solution to the current problem.

Always cracks me up that name.

Henk Ten Cats > Henk Nine Cats

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

smuckers wrote: »
    Just heard this on radio and apparantally Rikkard to take over.

What station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd rather win games than look good

thing is we aint winning squat at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Is king kenny deffo not interested even in the interim

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TechnoPool wrote: »
    thing is we aint winning squat at the moment

thats where liverpool need to get right first. grind out a few results and build on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is king kenny deffo not interested even in the interim

/bangs head against wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

would prefer it if kenny is not the next man in charge even if it is temporary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Rijkaard isn't half the manager he was without Ten Cate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Love the pun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Hodgson goes and Rightguard comes in, then we will still have a downgraded managerial situation compared to last season.

However, we will have significantly upgraded over Hodgson, and have a guy with experience of winning on the big stage. Might get us playing some fun stuff.

Would be awesome if it happens over the next week or so. In short space of time we'll have solved:

- the ownership problem;
    - the Roy Hodgson is manager problem;

Can think of moving forward from such a point. We're going nowhere at present.

And here I was thinking we'd just got rid of two crooks and £260m of debt....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

wow liverpool really are becoming the "new" newcastle, galatasaray are half way down the turkish league and got nowhere near winning the league last year either and we have seen how good the top two in turkey, bursaspor and trabzonspor are in recent weeks beaten by man utd and liverpool reserve teams

Rijkaard was lucky that barca had a superb youth system when he arrived there, liverpool do not have that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

What station?

^this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

gleep wrote: »
    And here I was thinking we'd just got rid of two crooks and £260m of debt....:rolleyes:

Well you did but that doesn't automatically sort out problems on the pitch.

We've got a sh*t owner yet Hughton has done a wonderful job with us thus far. If Hodgson can't manage his players as is his job then he shouldn't be managing the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hodgson, he shouldn't be managing any team.

Fixed for ya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Some sort of source would be good.?

Did you watch the game on Sunday?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gimmick wrote: »

Mostly twitter and some journos. A couple of usually accurate ones have very firmly said that he will not be manager next week. Still all speculation though really, but we should find out soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yis need something stronger then rightguard

He's going to lose his way to his P45 within a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He'll be gone after the Blackburn game at the latest, if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JPA wrote: »
    Rijkaard isn't half the manager he was without Ten Cate
    So what is he then. If he isn't half the man without Ten Cate is he the full man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fixed for ya...

He is a good manager to be fair. He's not had an awful lot to work with really.

His tactics may have suited Fulham but not for a side like Liverpool who do have good attacking options.

It's a pity that he was pretty much forced to sell off players due to the previous owners.

Results aren't going his way and it'd be best if he left the club himself a la Strachan.

Leave with some dignity at least.

He has removed that option with the absolute embarrasing horse**** he has spoken over the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He has removed that option with the absolute embarrasing horse**** he has spoken over the last few weeks.

Rubbish. If the club sacks him after 8 league games then he should take them for every penny in his contract.

RasTa wrote: »
    Rubbish. If the club sacks him after 8 league games then he should take them for every penny in his contract.

Agree with this. He should play hardball and look after his own interests, definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So what is he then. If he isn't half the man without Ten Cate is he the full man?

Minus Five Cats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I believe there is a clause in his contract that if the club gets new owners, his compensation should he be sacked is 1mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The rumour (and it's just a rumour) is that the owners can sack him within 30 days of the takeover for reduced compensation. The thinking then is, if he's not sacked by the middle of November, he's probably here for the season

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Did you watch the game on Sunday?

Yes, and I have found it hard to watch any game since last year, we've been so bad. I know what you're saying but progress has been made off the pitch, there is some good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dunno if this has been posted but...
    paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins
    RT @RBuxton_LFC: ...I've been told that Rijkaard will, without question, succeed Hodgson at #LFC in next five days.

I agree he should get the compensation he is entitled to :confused:

I just meant the option of him leaving with some dignity is gone.

Broughton has confirmed that he can be sacked & paid one years wages as compensation.
    "I suggested that the clause relates to Hodgson being paid a full year's salary within 28 days should the new owners want to bring in their own manager," Broughton commented: "I don't have Roy's contract in front of me, so I can't comment on that, but it is something like that in his contract. "But he came to the club knowing full well the circumstances and the risks attached to it."

He is entitled to his compensation, its not his fault our board acted idioticly in appointing him.

He is a good manager to be fair. He's not had an awful lot to work with really.

His tactics may have suited Fulham but not for a side like Liverpool who do have good attacking options.

It's a pity that he was pretty much forced to sell off players due to the previous owners.

Results aren't going his way and it'd be best if he left the club himself a la Strachan.

Really? Torres, Gerrard, Cole and....................:confused:

Please don't say Kuyt, Babel, NGog, Merieles. I'd take Fulham's Zamora, Dempsey, Duff, Gera over any of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I agree he should get the compensation he is entitled to :confused:

I just meant the option of him leaving with some dignity is gone.

Broughton has confirmed that he can be sacked & paid one years wages as compensation.

He is entitled to his compensation, its not his fault our board acted idioticly in appointing him.

At least it's a reduced amount - probably a couple of million. If that clause wasn't there it would be 3/4 times that

Yes, and I have found it hard to watch any game since last year, we've been so bad. I know what you're saying but progress has been made off the pitch, there is some good news.

Completely agree! :)

It's great to be debt free. But there is a fierce whack of relegation off the players at the moment and we really need a change of coach to sort that imo.

At least it's a reduced amount - probably a couple of million. If that clause wasn't there it would be 3/4 times that

Yep, could be worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement