Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hodgson hasn't quit. Not Yet. Not Ever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

RasTa wrote: »
    Top of the Europa league group! Even if the man wins this weekend you will still be calling for his head.

Absolutely........

I didnt want him in the first place. I was willing to give him my backing and some time to see how things would go but after 16 odd games in charge we are an absolute mess.

Top of the europa league my ar$e. That's not exactly much to bleat on about. We are top of the group with 5 points after 3 games.

We are, but for a couple of goals in the difference bottom of the league with 6 points from 8 games........1 win.......a narrow one at that, coupled with disasters performance wise says he is not good enough imo and should go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

reason 4,934 for Woy to leave.
    "What I am hoping for is a little bit luck so the result (against Blackburn) goes our way whether we play well or play badly."

We are Liverpool, playing Blackburn, at Anfield Roy, can you not get that into your head?

His appointment was an excercise in lowering expectations. First few weeks he was talking about challenging for a CL place as his target-like the club has always done. Then its about getting into European places. Then its about moving up in the table, not specifying a target, just....ANYWHERE!.....now the way he is going on, he is sounding like if we avoid relegation it'll be good season.....if he sticks around much longer i expect him to start preaching the importance of coming straight back up after relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Has he gone yet?

The Muppet wrote: »
    Has he gone yet?

Yep.

Left this morning.

Don't know about you, but I kinda miss the aul fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yep.

Left this morning.

lol

• Advertisement

Isn't it about time that the title of this thread was changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't it about time that the title of this thread was changed?

"Liverpool and Hodgson are done."

"Liverpool and Hodgson are done-but Roy can't bring himself to let go."

FYP.

FYP.

Your suggestion is better Mr Alan. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

reason 4,934 for Woy to leave.

We are Liverpool, playing Blackburn, at Anfield Roy, can you not get that into your head?

His appointment was an excercise in lowering expectations. First few weeks he was talking about challenging for a CL place as his target-like the club has always done. Then its about getting into European places. Then its about moving up in the table, not specifying a target, just....ANYWHERE!.....now the way he is going on, he is sounding like if we avoid relegation it'll be good season.....if he sticks around much longer i expect him to start preaching the importance of coming straight back up after relegation.

You really do make a mountain out of a molehill.
    You accuse him of being unrealistic in his interviews and he says this and now his honesty is too much for you. And its only a throwaway comment.
    You struggled to beat Blackburn last year by the way. Reina was MoM in a 2-1 home win for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Remember it well, it was the game when Blackburn went all martial arts on our ass and still lost.

Prompting Rafas quite hilarious post match interview where he spoke about how Sams total footballing style was the envy of Barcelona :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anyone have a link to where he called Liverpools win over trezeburg(?) an historic win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Remember it well, it was the game when Blackburn went all martial arts on our ass and still lost.

Prompting Rafas quite hilarious post match interview where he spoke about how Sams total footballing style was the envy of Barcelona :D

:D Forgot about that one.

Does anyone have a link to where he called Liverpools win over trezeburg(?) an historic win

here ya go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9031138.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd rather win games than look good

Like your doing at the moment?

There should be no reason a team cant play well & win. Why would they have any more of a chance if they played badly?

There's just no logic behind your comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Fair play to the mod that updated the thread title, awesome :D

Opr

Plus ****ing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

All hail Woy.

Yep.

Left this morning.

Don't know about you, but I kinda miss the aul fella.

No truth in the rumour that he's been offered a contract extension with better terms so.,

• Advertisement

Whe Roy does Go and the new manager gets the same poor results where will the blame lie?

When Roy does Go and the new manager gets the same poor results where will the blame lie?

**** knows?

Whe Roy does Go and the new manager gets the same poor results where will the blame lie?

Any manager who can't get better results than Roy needs to shoulder the blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think youre in for a rude awakening when/if a new man takes over

The penny will have to drop with you at some stage AL, As the saying goes You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. At some stage you are going to realise that Roy is working with the weakest squad Liverpool have had in decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wouldn't worry too much about it. If we were in the bottom 3 at Xmas, certain non Liverpool posters would still be saying the same stuff.

Liverpool are never right, no matter what. The same type of posters derided us for sticking with Rafa. They were wrong then and are wrong now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So you will then be calling for him to be sacked if it continues after 8 games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The penny will have to drop with you at some stage AL, As the saying goes You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. At some stage you are going to realise that Roy is working with the weakest squad Liverpool have had in decades.

that should mean we were only good enough for mid table mediocrity as distinct from the joke of a position we currently find ourselves in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Quite possibly. It should still be capable of finishing in the top 6 though and not be languishing in 18th after 8 games.

But its not so much the results as the manner of them thats most alarming.

Our tactics involve sitting in 2 banks of four on the edge of our box and counter attacking quickly. Thats not the way you play in the premiership. you need to press high up the pitch. His tactics are old and spent.

• Advertisement

I suggest he employs the tactis to suit the players at his disposal, I don't see any manager doing much differently to Roy . Roy will get you to Mid table is left in the job.

RasTa wrote: »
    So you will then be calling for him to be sacked if it continues after 8 games?

15 I think at this stage including an historic European night in Turkey.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

much as i think he's the wrong man i felt a twinge of respect for him for his rapid retorting to the italian , in italian...

i'd say he has till xmas to turn it around.

this timelast year we'd beaten united and everton within 5 weeks of each other......

christ i hope woy wins me over

Lol at rival fans thinking this is simply as good as the players at the club are. Yet the same people waxed lyrical about how incompetent our former manager was, and he challenged for the CL with pretty much the same group of players. He must've been some ****ing genius. It's pathetic.

K-9 wrote: »
    15 I think at this stage including an historic European night in Turkey.

Thats right, you beat a Turkish side away for the first time in the history of Liverpool fc.

I thought they played pretty well last night and it was an impressive result. Just seen there that Napoli only lost twice at home last season. They beat Roma 2-0 in their last game at home before last night.

EagleEye, I hope you saw the post in the Liverpool thread which proved how much of hypocrite you are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

EagleEye, I hope you saw the post in the Liverpool thread which proved how much of hypocrite you are?

:confused::confused:

CT time....:- we played half decent last night....

big guns not playing = coincidence.... ???

Lol at rival fans thinking this is simply as good as the players at the club are. Yet the same people waxed lyrical about how incompetent our former manager was, and he challenged for the CL with pretty much the same group of players. He must've been some ****ing genius. It's pathetic.

He had Alonso, Macherano, Arbeloa, Benayoun and even Albert Riera who are no longer there and all played a major part in that season. Two of them were not there last season and the difference was huge it seems. Last season he fell out with Riera and Benayoun too.

your squad was better then, and your squad was younger then

woy is cleaning up the mess left by the previous regeime. youd be in the same position under the previous manager

:confused:

eagle eye wrote: »
    He had Alonso, Macherano, Arbeloa, Benayoun and even Albert Riera who are no longer there and all played a major part in that season. Two of them were not there last season and the difference was huge it seems. Last season he fell out with Riera and Benayoun too.

Last season we had Mascherano (who was ****e up until Christmas), Yossi and Insua who played an active part in our season, they're gone now and been replaced by Konchesky, meireles, poulson and cole. Yet last season we were favourites for 4th until the very end of the season, we also had missed Torres and Gerrard for a good chunk at the start of the season and had an injury crisis in defence, something that Roy has not had to contend with. Theplayers available to him is not the reason we're in the relegation zone, his ****ness as a manager is.

• Advertisement

last season we were favourites for 4th until the very end of the season

that means nothing though. im assuming you know how odds work though, and dont actually put any weight in that comment

Last season we had Mascherano (who was ****e up until Christmas), Yossi and Insua who played an active part in our season, they're gone now and been replaced by Konchesky, meireles, poulson and cole. Yet last season we were favourites for 4th until the very end of the season, we also had missed Torres and Gerrard for a good chunk at the start of the season and had an injury crisis in defence, something that Roy has not had to contend with. Theplayers available to him is not the reason we're in the relegation zone, his ****ness as a manager is.

Oh I see, it was all the players fault last year but its the manager this year.:confused:

You have to laugh at the likes of rival fans. When the manager is doing well (Benitez), he's a **** manager but the players are good. When he's doing poorly (Hodgson), he's a good manager but the players are ****.

Honestly Helix and Eagle eye, can you not see the hilarity of your posts.

Thats right, you beat a Turkish side away for the first time in the history of Liverpool fc.

It was a stupid comment.
    eagle eye wrote:
    I thought they played pretty well last night and it was an impressive result. Just seen there that Napoli only lost twice at home last season. They beat Roma 2-0 in their last game at home before last night.

They played ok, probably a top 3 performance so far from his teams, all things considered.

But as you well know with Liverpool, Europe doesn't matter in the end. Rafa was proof of that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

:confused:

I found a post where you said you knew pretty quickly that Ince wasn't the right man for Blackburn and that he would have to go, hence making your opinion of our wanting Hodgson to go a bit hypocritical.

Oh I see, it was all the players fault last year but its the manager this year.:confused:

He didn't say that at all, so your post makes no sense.

You have to laugh at the likes of rival fans. When the manager is doing well (Benitez), he's a **** manager but the players are good. When he's doing poorly (Hodgson), he's a good manager but the players are ****.

Show me where I said that Benitez was a bad manager. And I mean anywhere ever.

I don't like him because of his postgame comments last year after we lost at Anfield 2-1 but I've never ever said he was a bad manager.

Show me where I said that Benitez was a bad manager. And I mean anywhere ever.

I don't like him because of his postgame comments last year after we lost at Anfield 2-1 but I've never ever said he was a bad manager.

Look I'm making sweeping generalisations, if you can't make the effort and be part of that then whats the point.:p

liverpool finished about where their squad of last season should have done, then they weakened considerably and the squad are a year older, so under benitez id have been expecting 8-10th, but with a new manager and a change of systems, id expect a little lower. another change of manager mid season will probably mean bottom 6 imo

Helix wrote: »
    liverpool finished about where their squad of last season should have done, then they weakened considerably and the squad are a year older, so under benitez id have been expecting 8-10th, but with a new manager and a change of systems, id expect a little lower. another change of manager mid season will probably mean bottom 6 imo

Are you telling me there are 10 teams better than Liverpool in the Premiership? Player for player? If you are then I think you may be slightly stupid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement