Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hodgson hasn't quit. Not Yet. Not Ever!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Muppet wrote: »
    Gerrard was actually worse last year than this, was that Rafa's Fault.

Torres would have left if Rafa was still in Charge.

Skrytle, Who should he play beside him if Carra is dropped

Johnson, Defensively he's muck last season this season and every season

LOL

It seems Torres was actually more pro Rafa. The only reason he stayed was Poulson talks, not Roy.

Johnson, go away and argue with yourself there, nobody said otherwise.

Gerrard - same as above.

Skyrtel - the player Roy seems to have sidelined - Agger.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Whats with all the Friedel hate? I always liked him as a keeper. Very solid IMO. OK he's no Reina but the guys a good keeper.

Dunne is a star man and would be in the starting 11 for Liverpool if they were lucky enough to have him.

Villa have a good team and are not far away from Liverpool ability wise. Maby one or two players short of the standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Prufrock wrote: »
    Villa have a good team and are not far away from Liverpool ability wise

lol

explains why liverpool have been ahead of us for the last season and a bit doesnt i t

eagle eye wrote: »
    imo.

Go back and read the article I posted earlier.

The answers all lie within!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

K-9 wrote: »
    Go back and read the article I posted earlier.

The answers all lie within!

I have no intention of reading an article by some pro Hodgson out character that I cannot respond to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What puzzles me about The liverpool fans approch to Roy is that they always prided themselves on not sacking Managers without giving them a fair chance to prove themselves.

Rafa had 6 years of up's and downs before he was sacked. If Roy is sacked how long will a new manager be given before they want him sacked? Do you really want to turn into a club that goes through Managers at an alarming rate.

Yeah, thats how it works.:rolleyes:

Honestly, did you watch the match last night? I doubt it.

Every minute of it.

But 8 Premier League games is enough to base a decision on?

Well 13 is, isn't it, it was good enough for you?

We've had 15 games in all comps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Every minute of it.

And did you not think Napoli were a big disappointment? That was a very ordinary Liverpool side, yet Napoli failed to work Reina at all really.

What puzzles me about The liverpool fans approch to Roy is that they always prided themselves on not sacking Managers without giving them a fair chance to prove themselves.

Rafa had 6 years of up's and downs before he was sacked. If Roy is sacked how long will a new manager be given before they want him sacked? Do you really want to turn into a club that goes through Managers at an alarming rate.

It shouldn't puzzle you. It actually is the answer.

Roy isn't and never was going to be a long term manager, he was brought into steady the ship and he isn't even doing that.

People know why we should have kept Rafa since the events of the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Its the type of football he's playing. Dreadful. Add to that pathetic losses to our biggest rivals, Everton and United. The manner of those defeats was infuriating.

Losses at home to Blackpool and Northampton. Bizarre post match conferences.

Talked about selling Torres to United! Signings of Poulsen and Konchesky have not worked.

No manager in the history of Liverpool has had as bad a start as this I'd imagine. Theres patience and theres downright stupidity.

I have no intention of reading an article by some pro Hodgson out character that I cannot respond to.

That isn't what the article is about. Its very informed, unlike yourself just spouting soundbytes from the tabloids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rafa had plenty of haters and supporters, the fact Roy has no supporters says it all. I don't know of one Liverpool fans who want him to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rafa had plenty of haters and supporters, the fact Roy has no supporters says it all. I don't know of one Liverpool fans who wants him to stay.

The Muppet does!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Helix wrote: »
    lol

explains why liverpool have been ahead of us for the last season and a bit doesnt i t

:pac:

I'm just saying player for player I think Pool have an edge(which seemed to be the topic at hand). The difference is that Villa play well as a team. They have good wingers that like to run at defenders and get crosses into the box along with a good mix of attacking and defensive players.

Liverpool have good players that don't compliment each other. Theres nothing creative about them aside from Cole who has been woeful so far this season.

I expect Villa to finish above Liverpool this season unless Pool hit some almighty form at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The fact the only people who want to see Hodgson stay are rival fans says it all really.

Lame arguements being put forward to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

good God, it's like people just don't take stuff on board.

for the 7,653,429th time...

Roy has been an abomination, was a short-term solution, who has failed miserably, in the worst start to season i can remember, playing the worst football i can remember.

i don't know what's difficult about it for people.

i'm all for time, if he was showing any signs of knowing what he was doing with that team, and how to interact with the fans.

yesterday's result was fine, and a decent defensive performance, but that was the sort of performance Rafa got absolutely slated for by the same people saying Roy should get time, and by people, including myself, who were getting a bit sick of Rafa last year.

it was our 2nd best performance under Roy.

Roy thinks we're playing well; that should be pretty much enough for anyone to realise he is in the wrong job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mike65 wrote: »
    The fact the only people who want to see Hodgson stay are rival fans says it all really.

Let's face it, if we were all saying how well Roy was doing and given time, he'll do even better, the likes of The Muppet would be on here saying that Roy is poor and he should go.

It's just a game. Going into the Liverpool thread, see what the general concensus is and then go against it.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Let's face it, if we were all saying how well Roy was doing and given time, he'll do even better, the likes of The Muppet would be on here saying that Roy is poor and he should go.

It's just a game. Going into the Liverpool thread, see what the general concensus is and then go against it.

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Even the fact the board made sure to have a 28 day get out clause shows they didn't have 100% faith in their appointment. Would they have put such a clause into a Mourinho or a Hiddink's contract? I doubt it.

Well 13 is, isn't it, it was good enough for you?

We've had 15 games in all comps.
    Ok lets have a look at that then.
    You are top of your Europa League group.
    You are out of the Carling Cup. Does that really concern anybody?
    You have played 8 games in the Premier league and are in the relegation zone which is not good.
    But overall the only concern is the league position. You didn't go far last year in either of the domestic cups. You lost home and away in the Champion's League to a Fiorentina team who finished in the bottom half of Serie A last season.
    Anyways basically you are all going on about the Premier League results and that Carling Cup result but you guys didn't really give a hoot when you lost at home to Reading last year in the FA Cup. So basically its about 8 games or if we add the Carling Cup then 9 games. Its far too early to be talking about sacking the manager.
    As I've said about Ince, after 13 league games I was sure he wasn't going to work out but even then he was given more time at the club. It didn't work out and he was sacked but he did get the time to show what he can do. I said that results have to turn around soon for Roy Hodgson or its game over but not this early.
    That isn't what the article is about. Its very informed, unlike yourself just spouting soundbytes from the tabloids.
    Please don't start insulting me. I don't read tabloids and hate everything about them. I do think for myself though and I do read articles written by good unbiased authors. And I haven't heard one of them suggest yet that Roy Hodgson is not up to the job.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

RasTa wrote: »
    If they were playing amazing at the end last season you might have a point, I've no doubt it would have being the same this season with Rafa in charge and the squad Roy was left with. Maybe 3 points more

Sunday 21 March 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Manchester United 2 Liverpool FC 1

Sunday 28 March 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool FC 3 Sunderland 0

Sunday 04 April 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Birmingham 1 Liverpool FC 1

Sunday 11 April 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool FC 0 Fulham 0

Monday 19 April 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool FC 3 West Ham 0

Sunday 25 April 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Burnley 0 Liverpool FC 4

Sunday 02 May 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool FC 0 Chelsea 2

Sunday 09 May 2010 - Barclays Premier League
    Hull City 0 Liverpool FC 0 - Liverpool FC finish 7th in the Premier League

So you've taken rafa's last 8 games where we got 12 points, and you're comparing them to Hodgsons first 8 games where we got 6 points, and you think this reflects positively on Hodgson?

Forgetting the fact that at the beginning of the season we have everything to play for and that at the end of last season we essencially had no hope we were still miles better than we are now, if we had 12 points now we'd be 6th, I really don't see your point, although you haven't made one thus far in this thread.

I really think you're missing out on the major cause for despair. We're not losing unluckily, we're the worse of the 2 teams week in week out. Brum for instance weren't lucky to get a point, they were extremely unlucky not to get 3!

There has been no movement whatsoever towards something that might look like progress. Yesterdays draw was about the highlight of the season so far and that was the B team in a game Roy apparantly called an unwanted distraction.

We have no shape, no purpose, are terrible in attack, and terrible in defence. This is the same defence that had the best record in the league after Christmas last season.

The players have been hilariously misused by Roy, with the expected results, and yet no change. Not only that, but a staunch pigheadedness that he will NOT be changing his approach.

It has been a complete unmitigated disaster in every way with absolutely no signs of improvement.

Ok lets have a look at that then.
    You are top of your Europa League group.
    You are out of the Carling Cup. Does that really concern anybody?
    You have played 8 games in the Premier league and are in the relegation zone which is not good.
    But overall the only concern is the league position. You didn't go far last year in either of the domestic cups. You lost home and away in the Champion's League to a Fiorentina team who finished in the bottom half of Serie A last season.
    Anyways basically you are all going on about the Premier League results and that Carling Cup result but you guys didn't really give a hoot when you lost at home to Reading last year in the FA Cup. So basically its about 8 games or if we add the Carling Cup then 9 games. Its far too early to be talking about sacking the manager.
    As I've said about Ince, after 13 league games I was sure he wasn't going to work out but even then he was given more time at the club. It didn't work out and he was sacked but he did get the time to show what he can do. I said that results have to turn around soon for Roy Hodgson or its game over but not this early.

Please don't start insulting me. I don't read tabloids and hate everything about them. I do think for myself though and I do read articles written by good unbiased authors. And I haven't heard one of them suggest yet that Roy Hodgson is not up to the job.

There has been nothing positive in any of the games since Arsenal basically. Absolutely nothing.

The articles are getting more and more puzzled about him. They wont criticize him yet too much as most thought he was the perfect choice.

Bit like posters like the Muppet etc. Criticizing him would be admitting they called it wrong.

Our next 5 league games are Blackburn (H), Bolton (A), Chelsea (H), Wigan (A) and Stoke (A), he needs 3 wins IMO out of those, anything less and he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mayordenis wrote: »

Forgetting the fact that at the beginning of the season we have everything to play for and that at the end of last season we essencially had no hope we were still miles better than we are now, if we had 12 points now we'd be 6th, I really don't see your point, although you haven't made one thus far in this thread.

Simples, the squad isn't good enough and the blame has to go on the players/previous manager. You were already on a decline last season, factor in Masch going, Kuyt injured, Gerrard and Torres out of form then of course any manager was going to struggle.

But hey I hope you get your wish just so I can say I told you so.

• Advertisement

Simples, the squad isn't good enough and the blame has to go on the players/previous manager. You were already on a decline last season, factor in Masch going, Kuyt injured, Gerrard and Torres out of form then of course any manager was going to struggle.

But hey I hope you get your wish just so I can say I told you so.

Like we are doing now to the Rafa haters now, we told you so?

Like we are doing now to the Rafa haters now, we told you so?

Rafa had 5 or 6 seasons? Roy has had 8/15 games.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Our next 5 league games are Blackburn (H), Bolton (A), Chelsea (H), Wigan (A) and Stoke (A), he needs 3 wins IMO out of those, anything less and he's gone.

There was plenty of posts recently about expecting 7/9 points out of Sunderland/Blackpool/Everton even though you were playing shíte beforehand.Take out the derby and you had a tough away game and a home game against noobs with no fear who actually try to play.

Of the 5 games you highlighted, i would imagine Blackburn and Wigan to be so called 'bankers' the other 3 i would think you have a great chance of dropping points.

How can the expectations still be above the standard of play ? :confused:

Never mind your history regarding sackings, Hodgson was a pawn in a game that succeeded, now he needs to be brushed aside.

monkey9 wrote: »
    The Muppet does!!!!

I dont want ye to keep him, I'd prefer if ye got someone else in because I'd like to see if they can do better with the current squad, I don't believe they would.

I don't think calling for him to be sacked after a few games is a senisble approach. Ye aren't going to win anything this year so why not give him a season to find his feet?

Do you remember the first half season with rafa? We weren't getting the results we'd like, but by Christ we played high tempo aggressive football creating chance after chance. All we lacked was a clinical finisher.

Remember early on in the CL when gerrard said we were just happy to have the CL experience and rafa came out and said NO - we want to win this thing.

There is no comparison between the beginning of their times at the club. Rafa brought belief and spirit to the club. Roy has done the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

rafa won more in five years than roy in 21.

roy's not good enough imo .

even if he wins his next 6 games. i still think he's unworthy of liverpool.

his record speaks for itself.

*i have nothing against him other than his managerial skills*

I still think he deserves more of a chance. At least until the New Year. Most Liverpool fans on here don't, guess we will have to disagree

thebullkf wrote: »
    rafa won more in five years than roy in 21.

roy's not good enough imo .

even if he wins his next 6 games. i still think he's unworthy of liverpool.

his record speaks for itself.

*i have nothing against him other than his managerial skills*

Thats a bit of a stupid argument if you don't mind me saying. Rafa managed high profile teams and was given a lot of financial backing, Roy never really had that.

Roy got a team to a european final last season , Rafa's team faltered in the same comp, Does that make roy better than Rafa?

all i'd say is, i'd venture that there's a pretty good reason why, in over 20 years, the only high profile job he's had is a brief stint at Inter. and that wasn't while they were at the top end of things.

i really do hope he can turn it round, but i really, truly, honestly don't think he can, because he has a small time mentality, because he has it in his head that we're now a lower mid-table team who he's rebuilding.

bollox, bollox and more bollox.

and bollox is mostly what's come out of his mouth for the last few weeks. he's slowly lowering our expectations and it's patronising in the extreme. it's as if he's trying to get us to the point where we look a complete shambles, and then when we go on a mediocre, solid run he can claim that he's doing a good job, and so can his buddies in the English media, and so can all the rivals who couldn't stand Rafa.

SlickRic wrote: »
    all i'd say is, i'd venture that there's a pretty good reason why, in over 20 years, the only high profile job he's had is a brief stint at Inter. and that wasn't while they were at the top end of things.

i really do hope he can turn it round, but i really, truly, honestly don't think he can, because he has a small time mentality, because he has it in his head that we're now a lower mid-table team who he's rebuilding.

bollox, bollox and more bollox.

and bollox is mostly what's come out of his mouth for the last few weeks. he's slowly lowering our expectations and it's patronising in the extreme. it's as if he's trying to get us to the point where we look a complete shambles, and then when we go on a mediocre, solid run he can claim that he's doing a good job, and so can his buddies in the English media, and so can all the rivals who couldn't stand Rafa.

He did well with Swtzerland, He did very well with Fulham last season, he's not as bad as is being made out, Agreed your results have been very bad under him but how much of that is his fault?

Thats a bit of a stupid argument if you don't mind me saying. Rafa managed high profile teams and was given a lot of financial backing, Roy never really had that.

this arguement again!!!

fyi- roy paid a club record for kevin davies while at blackburn.
    the ex runners up and premier league champs were doomed to 13th or something iirc. so don't gimme that rubbish. in relative terms rafa spent fook all. and won/acheived so much. considering the conniving backstabbing bastards that were in charge. offering his job to klinsmann etc etc etc.

Roy got a team to a european final last season , Rafa's team faltered in the same comp, Does that make roy better than Rafa?

yes of course it does.

roy is not as good a manager as rafa, do you agree? or disagree ? ffs.

how do know roy never had backing.???

He did well with Swtzerland, He did very well with Fulham last season, he's not as bad as is being made out, Agreed your results have been very bad under him but how much of that is his fault?

all of it.

end of.

none of those jobs have any real expectation at all attached to them.

we don't know yet, for definite, how much of it is his fault. we can only go on what we've seen. and what we've seen is a style of football that is stunted, passive, lacking urgency and quality, and most importantly, a losing style of football.

we've been outplayed by every team we've played this year, in the League anyway, bar Arsenal.

contrary to what many rival fans would have us believe, the team Rafa left us, while not the best team he had while in charge of us, is still a team and squad that should comfortably be top 8, and realistically should be top 6 if we don't get decimated by injuries.

City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are the only squads I see as definitively better than ours, and ones who it would be a bonus if we finished above them.

so for us to be 19th, while not a shining representation of Rafa's tenure, is far more of an inditement on Hodgson's approach IMO.

he wouldn't get the chelsea,arsenal,united jobs..... he shouldn't have gotten the pool job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

he wouldn't get the chelsea,arsenal,united jobs..... he shouldn't have gotten the pool job.

theyre not really comparable any more, lets call a spade a spade

the liverpool job, right now, is on a par with the sunderland job

• Advertisement

Agreed your results have been very bad under him but how much of that is his fault?

Considering he is the manager, am pretty sure all of it is.Isn't that how it works? No ? :)
    He hasn't improved a poor squad who may have over achieved recently, who on selling a world class player had slumped to 7th with an almost identical squad.Then they sell another world class player and expectations are somewhat similar...So they have gone from 4 world class players performing somewhat to 3 world class players with only 1 performing to 2 world class players with neither performing...Am not counting Reina as keepers generally perform 95% of the time.Am saying none this season as the general consensus is Gerrard is still playing shíte ?

So the club loses 50% of it's world class players and the other 2 are off form even more so now than then and yet you still have this expectation of what here ?I know Rafa is a lovechild around here but what could he do if Torres and Gerrard were as bad now as last season without Masch there ? I mean he finished 7th with all 3,why are the expectations so high ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

The Yellow Submarine under Pelligrini were best described as solid

2004/05 Villarreal--38-18-11--9---69--37--+32----65
    2005/06 Villarreal--38-14 -15--9---50--39--+11----57
    2006/07 Villarreal--38-18--8--12--48--44---+4----62
    2007/08 Villarreal--38-24--5--9---63--40--+23----77
    2008/09 Villarreal--38-18--11-9---61--54--+7

Solid enough how about this .............

2004/ 05 38 17 7 14 52 41 +11 58
    2005/ 06 38 25 7 6 57 25 +32 82
    2006/07 38 20 8 10 57 27 +30 68
    2007/08 38 21 13 4 67 28 +39 76
    2008/09 38 25 11 2 77 27 +50 86

d22ontour wrote: »
    Considering he is the manager, am pretty sure all of it is.Isn't that how it works? No ? :)
    He hasn't improved a poor squad who may have over achieved recently, who on selling a world class player had slumped to 7th with an almost identical squad.Then they sell another world class player and expectations are somewhat similar...So they have gone from 4 world class players performing somewhat to 3 world class players with only 1 performing to 2 world class players with neither performing...Am not counting Reina as keepers generally perform 95% of the time.Am saying none this season as the general consensus is Gerrard is still playing shíte ?

So the club loses 50% of it's world class players and the other 2 are off form even more so now than then and yet you still have this expectation of what here ?I know Rafa is a lovechild around here but what could he do if Torres and Gerrard were as bad now as last season without Masch there ? I mean he finished 7th with all 3,why are the expectations so high ?

drop into the liverpool discussion forum for a look see.

its been posted,and reposted already.

its not people expecting 4th place. its expecting the most successful club in english football history to appoint a manager of a certain standard.

wins in sweden,switzerland,and @ national level don't cut it tbh, would you not agree?

even if the manager was a noob/novice he'd be given a chance-once he held his hands up when he was found out, roy hasn't,and looks like he won't.
    imo he's not good enough to manage liverpool.

who do you support?

With the ownership, it's definitely higher. It needs a man with a long term plan, a vision. Pelegreni would be that man to me. Plenty of big names would have been interested before, the ownership limbo put them off.

Anyway, while what the fans think is important, he appears to be losing the dressing room. Reina, Torres and Agger not happy and the first 2 are our future, not Gerrard and Carra.

On Roys record, I think he has been a bit unlucky at getting big clubs at the wrong time. While that is sad at a personal level, it isn't much use to Pool now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

Really? Let's have some comparisons then, just for the craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I think Hodgson isn't doing a good job. Yes Liverpool have had the ongoing ownership issues but I don't see how that should be affecting the players who are getting paid to play football and without turning this into a United v Liverpool thing, you look at United who the fans don't want the owners there and yet with a good manager keeping his players heads focused on football while the protests are held, Red Knights takeover talks and the ongoing concerns regarding club debts go on, they continue to be challenging.

Now I do think that at Liverpool, there is a lot of work to do and the team had been left in tatters but the players that are there, are capable players. Usually when a new manager comes in, it injects hope and belief into most teams and usually they revives them somewhat which Hodgson hasn't done and I feel Liverpool should be where they are currently now. I think had a better manager been taken on, they would not be sitting where they are in the table.

Saying that, I don't think Hodgson was taken on with the view of being longterm anyway as with new owners, they usually want to put their own manager in.

Gerrard is playing reasonably well actually, an improvement on last season, but to me Mereiles should be given a go there and move Gerrard into the hole. Wont happen though as Cole and Gerrard are getting were they want to play and he wont face up to them. Playing your marquis signing, Mereiles, out of position makes no sense to me!

We lost Masch and he replaces him with Poulsen. Everybody knows we have an aging squad and he goes and loans out Insua and Acquilani and buys Poulsen and Konchesky and gets Cole on loan. Nonsenical! He didn't get all the Masch money but got a big chunk of it and spent it poorly IMO.

As for Torres playing poorly, of course he is. The tactics don't suit him. Perfect example is Eto at Inter, compare that to Torres now. He isn't getting the supply he needs and never will under this system. Everybody knows the type of player Torres is except, apparently, Roy.

drop into the liverpool discussion forum for a look see.

its been posted,and reposted already.

its not people expecting 4th place. its expecting the most successful club in english football history to appoint a manager of a certain standard.

Man this shíte reeks of living in the past.This ain't the 70's or 80's tbh. :p

At the time you were on the brink of administration.What manager of any calibre would even look at the job then ? Fooktard owners who were killing the club with a court date in october...
    Am sure the top tier of managers were thinking now there's a cushy job....Now is different to then, and now is time to get rid of the stopgap.

Man this shíte reeks of living in the past.This ain't the 70's or 80's tbh. :p

:eek::rolleyes::pac:

At the time you were on the brink of administration.What manager of any calibre would even look at the job then ? Fooktard owners who were killing the club with a court date in october...
    Am sure the top tier of managers were thinking now there's a cushy job....Now is different to then, and now is time to get rid of the stopgap.

there were a few,unsurprising really considering the behemoth that is LFC.

who do you support?..

hodgsons win ratiois sh1te. his history of squad building doesn't inspire confidence-for instance his blackburn team,whom he was sacked from when they were bottom of the prem league was the fourth dearest in england... comparable to liverpool today.
    (only liverpool didn'twin the league 2 years ago-like blackburn did.)

(The average cost of every starting XI fielded by Benítez last season was, at 48.5%, less than half that of the top-spenders.)

he was, is , and always will be a better manager than Hodgson.

it takes some ball's to follow in JM's footsteps....

hodgson was well suited to fulham... he never should've left.

• Advertisement

:eek::rolleyes::pac:

there were a few,unsurprising really considering the behemoth that is LFC.

who do you support?..

hodgsons win ratiois sh1te. his history of squad building doesn't inspire confidence-for instance his blackburn team,whom he was sacked from when they were bottom of the prem league was the fourth dearest in england... comparable to liverpool today.
    (only liverpool didn'twin the league 2 years ago-like blackburn did.)

(The average cost of every starting XI fielded by Benítez last season was, at 48.5%, less than half that of the top-spenders.)

he was, is , and always will be a better manager than Hodgson.

it takes some ball's to follow in JM's footsteps....

hodgson was well suited to fulham... he never should've left.

If this forum had a whoosh smiley i would respond with it, lol.
    Who considered managing you in the summer ? I even know the answer.Nobody would even look at the job with the current owners lol.Now is not then.Why does who i support matter when i say Hodgson shouldn't be your manager.
    /whoosh smiley lol.

:D

Advertisement